GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fifa"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'FIFA 2003'.
Thu 10/04/03 at 12:09
Regular
Right, this is going to sound odd coming from one of Nintendo's biggest fans, but, I want a football game. I want one on the Xbox as they seem to take the space of 10 games on a GameCube memory card, and so far I am drawn to Fifa.

What's Fifa 2003 like? And if you consider any other Xbox football games better, what and why?
Tue 15/04/03 at 23:23
Regular
I don't care what they've done to it, or who they've copied...I like Fifa 2003 but don't like PES2.

And because me buying football games is a rarity, Electronic Arts are lucky...
Tue 15/04/03 at 21:35
Regular
What EA have done with FIFA 2003 is taken everything about Pro Evolution Soccer, and transferred it into this new instalment with better graphics and the official license. Unfortunately, while they got all the good points well and copied - they also crossed over the faults, such as the dodgy passing system. Seeing as this and much more has been improved on in Pro Evolution Soccer 2, anyone looking for a decent footy game would be best off with that. Providing you have a PS2 or GameCube, mind.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:22
Regular
Well I got Fifa 2003 on Xbox (as I already stated, I didn't want a football game on my GameCube), and I have to say it is pretty impressive! Considering my dislike of ISS2 on GameCube and my lack of excitement from playing PES2 ages ago on PS2, I was suprised by how good it actually is!

Still not perfect, but it is good.
Sat 12/04/03 at 09:28
Regular
"Laughingstock"
It's supposed to be a big improvement on the other FIFAs, but I refuse to buy it simply because EA have released such a cash-in array of mediocrity that they've hindered and stiffled the football genre.
If Pro Evo 2 is coming out on the GameCube, I'd wait for that, but all football games just don't get there for me - none of them capture the unpredictability and passion of the real game. So I don't bother with any of them anymore.
Sat 12/04/03 at 09:09
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well I reviewed the game some time ago and I rated it very highly, certainly a large improvement on previous Fifa's.
Sat 12/04/03 at 00:15
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
But with the official teams license?
Sat 12/04/03 at 00:13
Regular
It's almost a complete copy of Pro Evolution Soccer.
Sat 12/04/03 at 00:06
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I also have been looking for a football game. But everyone I have asked about Fifa 2003 just say that it looks nice but that it isn't so good to play.

Is this what people here have thought of it?
Sat 12/04/03 at 00:04
Regular
Wait for Pro Evo 2 on GameCube or import Winning Eleven 6. Doubt they'll take much space. And they're much, much better.
Thu 10/04/03 at 12:09
Regular
Right, this is going to sound odd coming from one of Nintendo's biggest fans, but, I want a football game. I want one on the Xbox as they seem to take the space of 10 games on a GameCube memory card, and so far I am drawn to Fifa.

What's Fifa 2003 like? And if you consider any other Xbox football games better, what and why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.