GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anniversary Party"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 21:02
Regular
Last Friday, I noticed something. While playing Pro Evolution Soccer (and being beaten by Romania 3-1), I happened to glance over at my calendar and see that it was infact the day before the 24th of November. To some people this may not seem like anything special, but a year ago on that very special day I was waiting outside my local video game store wetting myself. Why? Because the PS2 was coming out of course. Luckily, I was one of the few people to get one of the prized black box's, and continued to wander home with a bemuzed look on my face.

When I got back I plugged in the monstrosity, and continued to be amazed at how good Smugglers Run looked and how good SSX acually played. Well, almost a year later I felt like I should do something to commerate this special date. So, I thought that I could have a party, celebriting a year of top quality gaming and endless bloodshot eyes.

Right away, I started making preparations. I stopped my Quake deathmatch and legged it down the newsagents to buy some balloons, stock up on beer and generally get all sorts of other gear. On return to my homestead, carrying my piles of goodies; I started cooking some food for the following day and blowing up my balloons. Once I had done this, I sat down contented looking at my decorations and looked forward to the following day.

I woke up at 2:00 in the morning. Something was mising, my extravaganza was missing one vital ingriedient. Then I remembered - the guests. Straight away, I ran to my phone bok and started rifeling through the pages to choose some valued companions who could take part in a feast of the joypads. But, when I was turning page over page I found I had none. Not one single mate to play with, no friends who I could call or e-mail - I felt embarrassed.

Well - I thought - I don't need them; I've got my games to keep me company. I went to bed in a sombre mood, but happy that tommorrow I would probably bruise my thumb from too much button bashing. I had set my alarm for 7:00 and continued making food. At 11 I thought the pary should begin; so I made sure that nall of my games and retro consoles were in my main room to have fun!

It took me quite some time, but eventually I managed to get my old neo-geo arcade machine down the stairs. But, once I had finished it was a sight to behold. It was a gamers dream. In front of me I had a spectrum, snes, megadrive and others; with a total of about 300-400 games. I sat there smiling, and exchanged in idle banter with the game next to me - "I can finish you in 3 hours" I said to Z.O.E; "but not with an S ranking" it replied. Damn, outsmarted by a game. Still, it won't be laughing so much if I tighten that vice I've put it in.

I continued to play against my 'real' friends (the bots in Timesplitters) until 11:30. Only half and hour until my dream day is over I thought. For the final thirty minutes, I set up the fireworks I'd imported from Costa Rica. My collection of consoles and games were pressing their boxes against the window to see; and when the fireworks were let off; they gasped in admiration. Good thing Z.O.E didn't see it (that taught him to mess with a 'hardcore' gamer).

At 12, I shouted out really loud at how Sony rocks. I think the neighbours heard, but old Mrs Jenkins won't make trouble; I'll make sure of that............

Last night, some people in white coats came to the door. I hurld a selection of gaming jargon at them, but somehow they were un-affected. Apparently they are taking me to a gaming heaven on the planet 'XBoxtopia'. Still, there leader (some guy called Gill Bates) will take care of me; if not; I can always propose to that plumber who fixes my sink. What was his name? 'Bario' or something........
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:02
"fighting chips?"
Last Friday, I noticed something. While playing Pro Evolution Soccer (and being beaten by Romania 3-1), I happened to glance over at my calendar and see that it was infact the day before the 24th of November. To some people this may not seem like anything special, but a year ago on that very special day I was waiting outside my local video game store wetting myself. Why? Because the PS2 was coming out of course. Luckily, I was one of the few people to get one of the prized black box's, and continued to wander home with a bemuzed look on my face.

When I got back I plugged in the monstrosity, and continued to be amazed at how good Smugglers Run looked and how good SSX acually played. Well, almost a year later I felt like I should do something to commerate this special date. So, I thought that I could have a party, celebriting a year of top quality gaming and endless bloodshot eyes.

Right away, I started making preparations. I stopped my Quake deathmatch and legged it down the newsagents to buy some balloons, stock up on beer and generally get all sorts of other gear. On return to my homestead, carrying my piles of goodies; I started cooking some food for the following day and blowing up my balloons. Once I had done this, I sat down contented looking at my decorations and looked forward to the following day.

I woke up at 2:00 in the morning. Something was mising, my extravaganza was missing one vital ingriedient. Then I remembered - the guests. Straight away, I ran to my phone bok and started rifeling through the pages to choose some valued companions who could take part in a feast of the joypads. But, when I was turning page over page I found I had none. Not one single mate to play with, no friends who I could call or e-mail - I felt embarrassed.

Well - I thought - I don't need them; I've got my games to keep me company. I went to bed in a sombre mood, but happy that tommorrow I would probably bruise my thumb from too much button bashing. I had set my alarm for 7:00 and continued making food. At 11 I thought the pary should begin; so I made sure that nall of my games and retro consoles were in my main room to have fun!

It took me quite some time, but eventually I managed to get my old neo-geo arcade machine down the stairs. But, once I had finished it was a sight to behold. It was a gamers dream. In front of me I had a spectrum, snes, megadrive and others; with a total of about 300-400 games. I sat there smiling, and exchanged in idle banter with the game next to me - "I can finish you in 3 hours" I said to Z.O.E; "but not with an S ranking" it replied. Damn, outsmarted by a game. Still, it won't be laughing so much if I tighten that vice I've put it in.

I continued to play against my 'real' friends (the bots in Timesplitters) until 11:30. Only half and hour until my dream day is over I thought. For the final thirty minutes, I set up the fireworks I'd imported from Costa Rica. My collection of consoles and games were pressing their boxes against the window to see; and when the fireworks were let off; they gasped in admiration. Good thing Z.O.E didn't see it (that taught him to mess with a 'hardcore' gamer).

At 12, I shouted out really loud at how Sony rocks. I think the neighbours heard, but old Mrs Jenkins won't make trouble; I'll make sure of that............

Last night, some people in white coats came to the door. I hurld a selection of gaming jargon at them, but somehow they were un-affected. Apparently they are taking me to a gaming heaven on the planet 'XBoxtopia'. Still, there leader (some guy called Gill Bates) will take care of me; if not; I can always propose to that plumber who fixes my sink. What was his name? 'Bario' or something........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.