GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ultimate Battle To The Death"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 20:59
Regular
There can be only one survivor and that is final. It all lies between just three competitors. Playstation 2, Gamecube (Yay!) and last but not least the X-Box. Now if you want to find out more about these following consoles then move on and read. If not then get off this topic.

Basically over the past few years there were rumours of a new console hitting the stores. The makers of this were Nintendo. Yes Nintendo! That console was given a name. Project Dolphin. As the months rolled by more was introduced and this meant more people were getting excited. The unknown console now has been given a name. Gamecube.

Next, is the well known Playstation 2. This was brought out last year around Christmas and has sold millions over the year. And yes the makers of this are Sony. The first playstation was a huge success and maybe. Just maybe Nintendo will give them a run for their money.

Not forgeting the X-Box now. This baby is made by Microsoft and was also introduced around about the gamecube. People may be excited about this console but there is tough competition.

Firstly the actual games. PS2 has a wide range at the moment and will continue to produce many more great games for us. The gamecube although has very few games up for release has reported many others due to come out later on in 2002. The X-Box now has about the same amount of games out as the gamecube on the release date and will probably bring out many more.

Games To Look Out For:

Tony Hawks 3
Wrestlemania 2002
Raw Is War
Perfect Dark 2
Tony Hawks 2x
Mario Sunshine
Zelda
Tekken 4
and many many more...

Prices are standard as Gamecube will work out at about £200 as Playstation 2 has now been reduced to £200 too. But the X-Box is being released at a massive £300! The games are all about the same too and accessories will also be about the same as each other.

Now I would say that the Gamecube would have the better graphics but X-Box will deliver the same as it. Playstation 2 may be left behind a little but it still uses its full power and I love it.Polygons, Anti-Aliasing, textures, light and fog are just some of the devices used to make the games so good. Also the loading times are very limited and some have none at all. So expect to see a whole new dimension of gaming.

The sound will be as good as it gets for Gamecube and X-Box but the Playststion 2 is just as good. Gamecube have even used the best team around. Factor 5. It has a 16 bit processor.

I could go on forever man!

So decide what you think rules. You vote by sending in who you think will win the overall battle. Entries end December 30th.
Mon 26/11/01 at 20:59
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
There can be only one survivor and that is final. It all lies between just three competitors. Playstation 2, Gamecube (Yay!) and last but not least the X-Box. Now if you want to find out more about these following consoles then move on and read. If not then get off this topic.

Basically over the past few years there were rumours of a new console hitting the stores. The makers of this were Nintendo. Yes Nintendo! That console was given a name. Project Dolphin. As the months rolled by more was introduced and this meant more people were getting excited. The unknown console now has been given a name. Gamecube.

Next, is the well known Playstation 2. This was brought out last year around Christmas and has sold millions over the year. And yes the makers of this are Sony. The first playstation was a huge success and maybe. Just maybe Nintendo will give them a run for their money.

Not forgeting the X-Box now. This baby is made by Microsoft and was also introduced around about the gamecube. People may be excited about this console but there is tough competition.

Firstly the actual games. PS2 has a wide range at the moment and will continue to produce many more great games for us. The gamecube although has very few games up for release has reported many others due to come out later on in 2002. The X-Box now has about the same amount of games out as the gamecube on the release date and will probably bring out many more.

Games To Look Out For:

Tony Hawks 3
Wrestlemania 2002
Raw Is War
Perfect Dark 2
Tony Hawks 2x
Mario Sunshine
Zelda
Tekken 4
and many many more...

Prices are standard as Gamecube will work out at about £200 as Playstation 2 has now been reduced to £200 too. But the X-Box is being released at a massive £300! The games are all about the same too and accessories will also be about the same as each other.

Now I would say that the Gamecube would have the better graphics but X-Box will deliver the same as it. Playstation 2 may be left behind a little but it still uses its full power and I love it.Polygons, Anti-Aliasing, textures, light and fog are just some of the devices used to make the games so good. Also the loading times are very limited and some have none at all. So expect to see a whole new dimension of gaming.

The sound will be as good as it gets for Gamecube and X-Box but the Playststion 2 is just as good. Gamecube have even used the best team around. Factor 5. It has a 16 bit processor.

I could go on forever man!

So decide what you think rules. You vote by sending in who you think will win the overall battle. Entries end December 30th.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:14
lol, nice name. swanton bomb, do you ever come to the WWF forum?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.