GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth posting here?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 20:58
Regular
In chat. Stuff about gaming, like about games you heard about.

Does it make more sense to put stuff like that in Prime, even if it isn't a lengthy post, or a discussion point?

I only ask as I seem to have lost the ability to judge for myself.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:27
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Eureka! That made me work it out.

If it's really interesting news about the PS2 or XBox whack it in Prime, because clearly it affects the future of gaming therefore is important. Because it's in Prime there is no need to duplicate the post as the interest that it will generate will automatically spawn more topics in the PS2 forum anyway.

If it's really interesting news about Nintendo keep it to yourself, as anyone likely to read it would have trouble reading anyhow, therefore may miss the point being made.

FM: Impartiality personnified
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:24
Regular
Try subclass of the WWF forum, but more tragic than funny.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:23
Regular
Is the Nintendo Forum the sub class of FOG Chat in the same way that the PS2 Forum is the sub class of FOG Prime?
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:22
Regular
No, the Nintendo forum... it's too late...
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
"not dead"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> Any serious, beardy comments go in Prime. The guff however, goes in here. And
> with that I leave you, adieu.

The thing is, I'm having trouble deciding which of my posts are guff.

For instance Mario Kart: The Movie, did that belong here?

How about my scoop on Nintendo's latest game, Cat Burglar?

I just don't know anymore?

I think that it's so busy in this particular forum now that only polls really last any time. Ask a quick question, see what happens.

Surely that means that any newbies that post anything decent, as they can't post in Prime, will have thier message die, as it's not really in keeping with a chat thread.

But they have the console specific forums to post in if they want too.

Hmmn.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:17
Regular
What about those that can't grow beards? What can we stroke instead?

(Could always stroke the scrotum beard, but I'll refrain.)

Ah, brain! Nice to have you back. Nice tan.

(Yeah, don't touch me. Where's Roger Moore?)

He escaped.

(Damn it. I bought back his accessory pack too. There's a safari outfit in there somewhere too.)

Cool. Never mind, I'll just keep that. Why did you go to Spain in the first place anyway?

(Friend of mine got married, and yeah, it was lovely. I'm jetlagged, shut up.)

Fair enough.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:16
Regular
I chat in Chat about anyfink.

In Prime I either prosthetisize eloquentially regarding the subject matter or make concise points and objective arguments aliterating to the ideas and objective viewpoints in the appropriate discussion, with particular emphasis on the topics orbiting the conceptualisation of The Future of Gaming.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Any serious, beardy comments go in Prime. The guff however, goes in here. And with that I leave you, adieu.
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I don't know much about gaming, can't have discussions about them. Chat fits my attention and intelligence span very well...

I post in chat about 98% of time and prime for 2%...

You decedie which ones better for gaming discussions ;)
Mon 26/11/01 at 21:06
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I would say.....

A post that will spark a good discussion about something gaming related should go into prime but nothing too short, maybe a paragraph or two at least.

Anyting else sould really go in here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.