GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Women and Games on the PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 16:07
Regular
I have decided that women are a lot better than men at most games and this is due to them alsways being causious and not just rushing in, for instance me, my uncle, his brother and my other half play ghost recon over the net together and she is always the last one left and lost hardly any lives, she also gets more baddies as she snipes, not like us men who run around and are impatient, we end up getting killed straight away, does anyone else agree with me?

c.b
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:10
Regular
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> maybe........maybe not.............but we all know that you must
> die......

ok, im sorry - i dont know WHAT film thats outta
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:10
Regular
maybe........maybe not.............but we all know that you must die......
Wed 16/04/03 at 09:08
Regular
slightly sexist remark :), i get what you are saying but it doesnt matter if we play against the AI (which is pretty good on ghost recon) or against eachother with a few more guests, mavbe she just has a natural talent for it.

c.b.
Tue 15/04/03 at 19:20
Regular
absolutely not..........either you or your mate are crap, or your feamle friend is a natural. again, if she snipes from a point then it is obvious she is going to last longer. if it was against AI then sniping is dead easy, but if it was against humans then there's no reason why she should be left undiscovered. and males are not 'impatient', but lets say they are more aggressive. but you CAN be aggressive and on the ball at the same time, just learn to use very sensetive mouse settings, and most importantly learn to memorise landscape and then look around while at the same time strafing and staying on course.

*end of FPS lesson*

apart from a few exceptions, females tend not to be fans of the FPS, but more of sad little games like space invaders or roller coaster tycoon.
Mon 14/04/03 at 23:44
Regular
The thing is she is not a camper, she gets the biggest loudest gun and still wins, i am pretty good and my uncle is a pro but she still does well, i would bet money on it that she would beat a lot of guys at ghost recon esspecially, i think it's similar to the old "women drivers are better than men drivers" problem.

c.b.
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:42
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can't see what sense there is in the origional post on this topic- women are more cautious, but they mostly play The Sims. Worst game I've ever played, but lets not start THAT argument again.
Sun 13/04/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
lalakersrule wrote:

> Nope i don't well not in this case. They're are very good female
> players out there in FPS land but your other half is not one of them
> sorry.

D'oh, scratch that *are* off there.
Sun 13/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> I have decided that women are a lot better than men at most games and
> this is due to them alsways being causious and not just rushing in,
> for instance me, my uncle, his brother and my other half play ghost
> recon over the net together and she is always the last one left and
> lost hardly any lives, she also gets more baddies as she snipes,

So she camps in other words? Well then of course she'll be the last one left if she's hiding somewhere picking off people. Doesn't take much skill to do that.

not
> like us men who run around and are impatient, we end up getting killed
> straight away, does anyone else agree with me?

Nope i don't well not in this case. They're are very good female players out there in FPS land but your other half is not one of them sorry.
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
My sister plays games and she is better than me at playing platformers and certain management games (the sims for one), but when it comes to shooters she is without a doubt useless.

She has played games like UT and Day of Defeat before online but spent that time trying to chat to people rather than kill them. Maybe some girl gamers are better than me at shoot em up and strategy games, but I haven't met any of them yet.
Fri 11/04/03 at 17:28
Regular
Maybe but their reactions seem slower...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.