GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you upgrade a laptops graphics card?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/04/03 at 17:44
Regular
I've been looking at purchasing a laptop, and at present it seems that you cant get one with a graphics card with more than 64mb of ram. Can the graphics cards be upgraded by either the manufacturer of the laptop or the end user (me)to a good 128mb graphics card. As some laptops use desktop derived graphics cards I dont see a problem. Can anyone help me?
Sun 13/04/03 at 11:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
There are some laptops coming out now with proper Radeon 9000 3D cards, at least that's what I've read.
Fri 11/04/03 at 21:01
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
No, the only things that can be replaced in Laptops are CPU, RAM, and Hard Drive.

Most laptop graphics chips tend to use the system memory too, the ones based on desktop graphics cards are just the main chip usually.
Fri 11/04/03 at 17:44
"MMMMM, Chicken"
I've been looking at purchasing a laptop, and at present it seems that you cant get one with a graphics card with more than 64mb of ram. Can the graphics cards be upgraded by either the manufacturer of the laptop or the end user (me)to a good 128mb graphics card. As some laptops use desktop derived graphics cards I dont see a problem. Can anyone help me?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.