GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smackdown 3 Sucks..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 14:13
Regular
I f***** brought a whole PS2 for that.. and its let me down BIG time!

Story mode? dont make me laugh!!!!

I mean i went through it within an hour... i won the championship with..... A CREATED SUPERSTAR, how UNREALISTIC is that??????? People like the Created superstars should go through a season, a career beofore that have a chance.. to even APPEAR at Raw.... I also disagree with the idea that u can CHOOSE to be a CHAMPION!, yes i think u should be able to choose the superstar... but as soon as u do.. the title should be striped from you!, not just meet the challenger and win... :(

The story mode has let me down.. period.

I also hate when THQ hyped up the crowd's involement and the involvment of the commentators..... and what happened????? i walked into a load of carboard cutouts!, i went to meet Tazz... but not the "real" tazz... i saw the TAZZ STANDEE!!!!!!!!, i thought we could beat em up? you know to get crowd heat? or see special commentators dissing u so u have to beat em up.... we were promised this and more!... but yet we didnt recieve!

The table matches are also a joke!... you set up the table, irish whip em on to it... run to the turnbuckle.... jump off the turnbuckle.. and youve won the match... ohhhh a great 30 seconds of the game :(...

I havent even bothered to go through the story mode, again and agian to get secrets - ill wait till i get a cheat cartridge!

Interferrances are Unrealistic.. i mean if a superstar comes down to the ring.. all u gotta to is run outside the ring... wait to the superstar has come out to get you... then enter the ring again.. and you can almost carry the match on as normal!!!, they just stand there!

I had a match.... hell in the cell... i did about 10 rock bottoms and 3 peoples elbows and scoop slammed him throuh the top.. then faarooq just gets up - does ONE dominator and wins.... grrrrr

WHERES THE BLOOD????? THQ said when they were in production of Smackdown One... they said "we are going to focus on other areas of the game"... okay fair enough.. but smackdown 3 is rated a FIFTEEN! and as this is a UPDATED smackdown 1, and they have had plenty of time... so why no blood?

Whats happend to PAIN.... you hit someone about 50 times with a chair and they just get up (yes very slowly but they still manage to get up) and the continue the match as usual!, u throw em agains a wall... and they just stop at the wall and turn round!... When a car hits you, you slide like your on ice!!!! OMFG! no pain?

Also... when in a 8-man or royal rumble... and you "focus" on one player.... another hits you... and you have to press R2 about 50 million times to get on that player... and by the time you get there - you a$s has been handed to ya... also i was told that player indicators helps.... well they would if they wernt so rubbish!... all the cours blend... so u dont really know who your fighting... and they look all pastell/neon so they look the same.. and having them float really sucks... what ever happened to good ol' indicators at the players feet?

Updated graphics? the only updated graphics were on the head... and then it was a bit "cartoony" and things like kurk angle's suit looked sucked to his body, they TEXTURED the b!oddy suits on and not MODELLED em :(

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

Things i liked:

* - Referee
* - More Realistic Wrestling
* - Slobberknocker
* - Its fun to play!
* - YES THEY WEAR BELTS!

:D

But if i were you i would stick to the Playstation 1...

And if you havent already go and buy these:

WWF ATTITIDE
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=6312
^ Its not the best - and its outdated but it beats smackdown 3 for fun factor :)

WWF SMACKDOWN TWO
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=8635
^ Its better than 3, its a little slow, but its more enjoyable :D

ALL WHAT I HAVE SAID ON THIS POST ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!!

P.S >> I CANT WAIT FOR SMACKDOWN 4 IF ALL THE ABOVE ARE FIXED!

P.P.S >> I ALSO CANT WAIT FOR WRESTLING LEDGENS! /
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=1000225804
Mon 26/11/01 at 14:13
I f***** brought a whole PS2 for that.. and its let me down BIG time!

Story mode? dont make me laugh!!!!

I mean i went through it within an hour... i won the championship with..... A CREATED SUPERSTAR, how UNREALISTIC is that??????? People like the Created superstars should go through a season, a career beofore that have a chance.. to even APPEAR at Raw.... I also disagree with the idea that u can CHOOSE to be a CHAMPION!, yes i think u should be able to choose the superstar... but as soon as u do.. the title should be striped from you!, not just meet the challenger and win... :(

The story mode has let me down.. period.

I also hate when THQ hyped up the crowd's involement and the involvment of the commentators..... and what happened????? i walked into a load of carboard cutouts!, i went to meet Tazz... but not the "real" tazz... i saw the TAZZ STANDEE!!!!!!!!, i thought we could beat em up? you know to get crowd heat? or see special commentators dissing u so u have to beat em up.... we were promised this and more!... but yet we didnt recieve!

The table matches are also a joke!... you set up the table, irish whip em on to it... run to the turnbuckle.... jump off the turnbuckle.. and youve won the match... ohhhh a great 30 seconds of the game :(...

I havent even bothered to go through the story mode, again and agian to get secrets - ill wait till i get a cheat cartridge!

Interferrances are Unrealistic.. i mean if a superstar comes down to the ring.. all u gotta to is run outside the ring... wait to the superstar has come out to get you... then enter the ring again.. and you can almost carry the match on as normal!!!, they just stand there!

I had a match.... hell in the cell... i did about 10 rock bottoms and 3 peoples elbows and scoop slammed him throuh the top.. then faarooq just gets up - does ONE dominator and wins.... grrrrr

WHERES THE BLOOD????? THQ said when they were in production of Smackdown One... they said "we are going to focus on other areas of the game"... okay fair enough.. but smackdown 3 is rated a FIFTEEN! and as this is a UPDATED smackdown 1, and they have had plenty of time... so why no blood?

Whats happend to PAIN.... you hit someone about 50 times with a chair and they just get up (yes very slowly but they still manage to get up) and the continue the match as usual!, u throw em agains a wall... and they just stop at the wall and turn round!... When a car hits you, you slide like your on ice!!!! OMFG! no pain?

Also... when in a 8-man or royal rumble... and you "focus" on one player.... another hits you... and you have to press R2 about 50 million times to get on that player... and by the time you get there - you a$s has been handed to ya... also i was told that player indicators helps.... well they would if they wernt so rubbish!... all the cours blend... so u dont really know who your fighting... and they look all pastell/neon so they look the same.. and having them float really sucks... what ever happened to good ol' indicators at the players feet?

Updated graphics? the only updated graphics were on the head... and then it was a bit "cartoony" and things like kurk angle's suit looked sucked to his body, they TEXTURED the b!oddy suits on and not MODELLED em :(

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:

Things i liked:

* - Referee
* - More Realistic Wrestling
* - Slobberknocker
* - Its fun to play!
* - YES THEY WEAR BELTS!

:D

But if i were you i would stick to the Playstation 1...

And if you havent already go and buy these:

WWF ATTITIDE
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=6312
^ Its not the best - and its outdated but it beats smackdown 3 for fun factor :)

WWF SMACKDOWN TWO
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?index=8635
^ Its better than 3, its a little slow, but its more enjoyable :D

ALL WHAT I HAVE SAID ON THIS POST ARE MY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!!

P.S >> I CANT WAIT FOR SMACKDOWN 4 IF ALL THE ABOVE ARE FIXED!

P.P.S >> I ALSO CANT WAIT FOR WRESTLING LEDGENS! /
http://special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/review.php?custid=1000225804
Mon 26/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
How can you say it sucks? Okay so it isn't as good as any of us expected, but that doesn't mean it sucks. All games have falts to them, there is not a perfect game in the world. It's still an improvment to Smackdown! 2: Know your role and that should be good enough for any of us.
Mon 26/11/01 at 15:32
RiCkOsS wrote:
> How can you say it sucks? Okay so it isn't as good as any of us expected, but
> that doesn't mean it sucks. All games have falts to them, there is not a perfect
> game in the world. It's still an improvment to Smackdown! 2: Know your role and
> that should be good enough for any of us.

Okay so it doesnt suck, i was angry as i typed it....

But im really upset at buying it tho :(
Mon 26/11/01 at 15:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You can always wait for Smack Down 4. It may be better. Or you could buy many other good games on PS2. GTA3, Pro Evo, SSX Tricky, GT3 and many others. Don't think the PS2 is only for that game. Expand your collection.
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:12
Regular
Lord Of Darkness wrote:
> RiCkOsS wrote:
> How can you say it sucks? Okay so it isn't as good as any
> of us expected, but
> that doesn't mean it sucks. All games have falts to
> them, there is not a perfect
> game in the world. It's still an improvment
> to Smackdown! 2: Know your role and
> that should be good enough for any of
> us.

Okay so it doesnt suck, i was angry as i typed it....

But im
> really upset at buying it tho :(

Now thats a bit better isn't it ;)
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:30
I know...

Im still chuffed i got a ps2 tho :)

GTA3 :D

LOWRESTLING :D

So im still happy - its just that i was really looking forward to smackdown....

Oh well..... :)
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:35
Regular
You do have a point about games companies getting you hyped up about a game then ripping you off, you feel the game sucks cos not AS good as you thought it was, but then you think "Well, it's Okay . . ."
Mon 26/11/01 at 16:44
RiCkOsS wrote:
> You do have a point about games companies getting you hyped up about a game then
> ripping you off, you feel the game sucks cos not AS good as you thought it was,
> but then you think "Well, it's Okay . . ."

Yep your damn right :D

But after paying the money... u FOOL YOURSELF into liking it! i played smackdown 3 and REFUSED to think its rubbish.... but my friend came round thursday, he had never played it - we played it for 4 hours and after that i was thinking "oh man, wake up - this game is a dissapointment" and then you get hyped about the next one, and the process continues again!.... they have use in a loop :( - until a really good game comes out :)
Mon 26/11/01 at 17:05
Regular
Lord Of Darkness wrote:
> RiCkOsS wrote:
> You do have a point about games companies getting you hyped
> up about a game then
> ripping you off, you feel the game sucks cos not AS
> good as you thought it was,
> but then you think "Well, it's Okay . .
> ."

Yep your damn right :D

But after paying the money... u FOOL
> YOURSELF into liking it! i played smackdown 3 and REFUSED to think its
> rubbish.... but my friend came round thursday, he had never played it - we
> played it for 4 hours and after that i was thinking "oh man, wake up - this
> game is a dissapointment" and then you get hyped about the next one, and
> the process continues again!.... they have use in a loop :( - until a really
> good game comes out :)

Yep, bloody good idea tho aint it :)
Mon 26/11/01 at 17:14
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
What was that all about?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.