GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Boy Advance (and why I love it)."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
The Game Boy Advance has had mixed reactions from the public. Some where expecting it to be a highly advanced machine containing the latest technologies to take portable gaming to a whole new level, others like it for it's old skool charm and neat simplicity, whatever your view, I love it. Though its the next step in portable gaming, it seems to take the format back to the past. It reminds me so much of my favourite console of all time, the SNES. The SNES was renowned for its excellent RPG's and GBA eleaborates on this. The SNES had 'The legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past', (my favourite game), arguably the greatest RPG of all time (thats what I argue anyway). And though the GBA doesn't have a Zelda game yet, there are some superb RPG's on the way. Breath of Fire (remember that?) and Golden Sun should be wowing gamers soon. But what is this, some people dislike RPG's, don't worry, the GBA is home to other top games. 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2' has been SUPERBLY converted to the small screen, and UK gamers will soon be able to get there hands on the superb 'Advance Wars'. If you don't own one yet, why not? If you have patience with the console (and are not expecting to be blown away), the GBA is for you. After a week of THPS2, you'll take your portable pal everywhere.
Mon 26/11/01 at 13:32
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
The Game Boy Advance has had mixed reactions from the public. Some where expecting it to be a highly advanced machine containing the latest technologies to take portable gaming to a whole new level, others like it for it's old skool charm and neat simplicity, whatever your view, I love it. Though its the next step in portable gaming, it seems to take the format back to the past. It reminds me so much of my favourite console of all time, the SNES. The SNES was renowned for its excellent RPG's and GBA eleaborates on this. The SNES had 'The legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past', (my favourite game), arguably the greatest RPG of all time (thats what I argue anyway). And though the GBA doesn't have a Zelda game yet, there are some superb RPG's on the way. Breath of Fire (remember that?) and Golden Sun should be wowing gamers soon. But what is this, some people dislike RPG's, don't worry, the GBA is home to other top games. 'Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2' has been SUPERBLY converted to the small screen, and UK gamers will soon be able to get there hands on the superb 'Advance Wars'. If you don't own one yet, why not? If you have patience with the console (and are not expecting to be blown away), the GBA is for you. After a week of THPS2, you'll take your portable pal everywhere.
Tue 27/11/01 at 14:49
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
So, have you a GBA, and if so, what games?
Tue 27/11/01 at 15:00
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
uksgamer2002 wrote:
Breath of Fire (remember that?).

Well the fourth folow up on the N64's rival console, the PSX, has just come out. It's not an old game anymore [that doesn't make sense, or does it???] so don't ask for it to be remembered as it should be allready in the minds of any RPG inthusiat.

UK gamers will soon be able to get there hands on the superb 'Advance Wars'.

Soory to disapoint you, and all those others who have waited patiently for this masterful game, hence the September 11th attack on the Twin Towers, it has been canceled.
Tue 27/11/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
First, I meant, does anyone remember breath of Fire not the Breath Of Fire series and I know BOF 4 is out now on PSX. Also your speeling is terrible. Its enthusiast.
Finally, Advance Wars is coming out in January.
Tue 27/11/01 at 15:41
Regular
"DS..."
advance wars is gonna rock!
slik ~_~
Tue 27/11/01 at 15:42
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Yeah, If I won GAD, I'd ask for it.
Wed 28/11/01 at 09:38
Regular
"I confused?"
My GBA was bust and they were too dark anyway so I've lost confidence in them. They could have been better ie backlighting. But then i hear you shout it would have been bigger, but I would rather of had a extra centimetre each side rather than no back lighting.
Wed 28/11/01 at 18:20
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Yeah, the screen can be annoying, but to add a backlight would increase size, weight and use up battery power quicker.
Thu 29/11/01 at 12:27
Regular
"I confused?"
Run it off the mains is that too easy for you.
Fri 30/11/01 at 09:45
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
I do, but the pack I use to do it is not the correct one, and the manual says I may bust my GBA. If it breaks, I'm blamin game, thats where I got it from.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.