GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo Help!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/11/01 at 12:53
Regular
Help! I've Always trusted my Beloved Nintendo 64, But 1 Thing i can't get my neck around of.....I Need to know how to get that White stuff at the bottom of the N64 Joystick. How do i get it out!! Help!

Everytime Me and my mates want to a 2 player or 4 player, Its always the 1st person to grab the Pad without the white stuff! Its so annoying! Thanks for any Help :)
Mon 26/11/01 at 19:18
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I always thoughtt the white stuff was just the paint being scrubbed off onto the grey "well" in the controller. The paint used to make the control stick white, and thus, I never bothered about it.
Mon 26/11/01 at 18:50
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
1) use a small phillips head screw driver to undo the controller.
2) put the screws in a safe place , and remove the face from the controller.
3) you will now see the insides of the controller (not very interesting though !)
4) on the joystick box , there is a screw which undoes it from the chip board , and 1 which un does the joystick box it self.
5) you can undo this if you want , but make sure you get everything back in the right place or the contol wont work properly.
6) blow blow blow blow !! blow as hard as you can at the white stuff , then dig it out wigth something like a cotton bud or somethng.
7) it may seem a bit long winded but it gets more of it out than doing it without taking the control apart.
8) if you want you can take two controllers apart and switch over the covers so you have a multi cloured contoller!

and finally ..... if you are thinking how the poxy stuff got there ..... i am now about to tell you (well i think !)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
when i took apart one of my brand new controlers (offical) to see if it had white stuff in it already , i flound that there was infact a small amount of it there already . as i played with it , over the weeks and months more and more of this stuff started to appear , i took apart one of my older controllers that didn't work anymore , and took apart the joystick compartment , and i found a load of the white stuff inside it , how could this have got here ???? the compartment was locked tight. So my only thought is that this stuff is already in the controller it self ! either to make it work better or something i dont know , but when you move the joystick , the white stuff gradually works itself out of the compartment. So there's nothing to worry about ! forget what i said about how to get it out , because unless you really dont like it , then theres no reason to take it out ! WAHOOOOO !
Mon 26/11/01 at 17:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
THAT SAME PROBLEM ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME!!!!!!!!! My mum says it's from deodrant drying up in the air. I use cotton wool bud things to clean it out. And everyone always asks me what it is. It only happens with the only official (and best) contoller i've got. It NEVER happens with my other 2 (un-official), and it really annoys me!!!

You could also try a mini-vacum thing, but i dunno if that'll mess up the circuits or not??
Mon 26/11/01 at 14:37
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I use the use the little pokey bit off my watch strap.

Plus why is it that much of a problem? I hardly ever have that much there! You must just be a right sweaty person!

:)
Mon 26/11/01 at 12:53
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Help! I've Always trusted my Beloved Nintendo 64, But 1 Thing i can't get my neck around of.....I Need to know how to get that White stuff at the bottom of the N64 Joystick. How do i get it out!! Help!

Everytime Me and my mates want to a 2 player or 4 player, Its always the 1st person to grab the Pad without the white stuff! Its so annoying! Thanks for any Help :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.