GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colin McRae Dirt"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'DiRT'.
Thu 24/05/07 at 18:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I'm stuck in the office, and don't get the chance to go home to download the demo on Live to test it out.

Has anyone? Is it the best thing since.... "Slicks n Slides"??

:D
Fri 25/05/07 at 11:39
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Awesome! More of the same but with shiny graphics. Can't wait to test it out. :)

Online, with a bit of bumper to bumper action would have been nice, but I can see myself really enjoying trying to beat mates times (if I can find any that will also buy it).

:)
Fri 25/05/07 at 10:59
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
7hrs later they seem to have fixed whatever the download problems were, just had a quick race or three on Dirt and I'd say if you like your rally games then this one is shaping up to be the best one ever. (Offline at any rate, online in the full version has a very limited multiplayer aspect in that you can't actually physically race against other cars at the same time, only against their times).

The demo itself though just screams quality at you, really nice menus, they've even made the loading screens interesting (they waft your stats in front of you as the race loads).

Visually it's all there, complete with various views including cockpit, looks very nice even during a barrel-roll.

Aside from all that it's just another rally game and I'm not the world's biggest fan of the genre. They had the handling/damage pretty much nailed in the Colin McRae series so it appears to be more of the same gameplay wrapped up in a very nice new shiny package.
Fri 25/05/07 at 03:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I tried downloading it but like a lot of other UKers who have reported problems with the download it downloads at somewhere between deadslow and stop. Currently it's at 4%, and I started that download an hour ago. Previous attempts got as high as 51% but then it just stopped.

I'll try again in a couple of days. Those that did manage to download without problems and have posted feedback on the xbox forums are, in general, loving it.
Thu 24/05/07 at 18:48
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I'm stuck in the office, and don't get the chance to go home to download the demo on Live to test it out.

Has anyone? Is it the best thing since.... "Slicks n Slides"??

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.