GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"wooohoooo Vice city. on the PC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: Vice City'.
Sun 13/04/03 at 23:29
Regular
Although i am still slightly annoyed with Rockstar games for treating there original market as second class citizens (even with we are! lol) at least there Vice City advert is encouraging, i don't know how long this advert has been like this but on Chanel 5 they had the vice city add and Had the "on PS2 line" then they said and "coming soon to PC" good stuff, i thought they had shelved it but this is definitely good news! A) one less reason to have a PS2 as its main title is now available on the PC. B) The original GTA 3 was so much better on the PC as the targeting system actually worked. Hopefully it will be like the last GTA in so much as we heard nothing about the PC version for ages and then suddenly it was released a few weeks after the major announcements.
Tue 15/04/03 at 17:16
Regular
Azul wrote:
> YH, the minimum specs were;
>
> 450Mhz Intel Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon processor
> 96MB of RAM, 4x Speed CD drive
> 700MB of free hard disk space
> 16MB Video Card with DX 8.1
>
> And I went to the effort of typing all that.
> Go me.

If this is right, then it's another reason to keep games on consoles - not pc's. My PC is not fast enough to run VC - I would need to upgrade. But I can run VC on PS2 now.
Mon 14/04/03 at 17:52
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Garlic Bread!? wrote:
> i didnt like the whole retro thing.

The retro-thing is one of the only reasons I'm still interested in the game... if it were just an extension to the standard GTA3 world then I'd have forgotten about it months ago
Mon 14/04/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
YH, the minimum specs were;

450Mhz Intel Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon processor
96MB of RAM, 4x Speed CD drive
700MB of free hard disk space
16MB Video Card with DX 8.1

And I went to the effort of typing all that.
Go me.
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:37
Regular
one thing about the advert tho - it shows tommy shooting out the side of a helicopter, which you can't do on the ps2. the possibilities are endless if that is going to be a part of the pc version.
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:56
Regular
it was about 500mhz i think and its less than £15 now i believe graphics youd want at least 32mb
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:18
Regular
What spec PC did GTA3 need?

I may be able to pick it up on the cheap if VC is out soon...
Mon 14/04/03 at 15:16
Regular
the last one wasn't, you needed to fiddle it a bit but i didn't see a card that it didn't work with. Even worked with my old voodoo 4
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:43
Regular
Lets just hope, GTA-VC on PC is not graphic card dependant (ie, needing a particular graphic card in order to work).
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:49
Regular
Updated wrote:
> Some time after the PS2 version though. For those who like the game, I
> think many would already have it on PS2.

yeah but i haven't, and to be brutally honest thats all i care about! It has been a little longer than i would have hoped (5 or 6 months) but i would gladly have waited a month or two even if i had had a ps2 for a pc version as it is so much more playable on the pc.
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:33
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I checked out the GTA VC site last week.
May 16th if my memory is still in working order.
Can't wait to be honest.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.