GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony PS2 price drop?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
Now that GameCube & XBox are cheaper than PS2, it can't be long before Sony drop the price. Anyone seen any info on this yet?
Mon 14/04/03 at 19:27
Regular
cipro wrote:
> It's too late, all the decent games have been released already.

Where?
Timesplitters and it's sequel are the only one's I can find. Oh, and Burnout 2,
Mon 14/04/03 at 17:38
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Updated wrote:
> But PS2 is not at the end of it's life yet. PS3 is not "just
> around the corner".

"Towards" was the word I used, in relation to the PSX anyway. Basic point is the PS2 is still selling, so why bother cutting the price?
Mon 14/04/03 at 16:43
"High polygon count"
Updated wrote:
> Now that GameCube & XBox are cheaper than PS2, it can't be long
> before Sony drop the price. Anyone seen any info on this yet?

Sorry to break it to you, but Xbox and Gamecube have been cheaper than PS2 for quite some time now! :-)

I can't see Sony dropping the price until sales slow down. But then you never know.

If they do see any need for price cuts, I think Sony would be better advised to drop software prices to - say - and SRP of £34.99 or £29.99
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:50
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's too late, all the decent games have been released already.
Mon 14/04/03 at 14:46
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Assuming they follow the PSX plan, they won't drop the price
> drastically, if at all. They ended up making a profit out of console
> sales over the PSX's life cycle - built up the user base while making
> hardware loses, but towards the end of the machines life they were
> flogging them at a profit. They don't need to get into a price war.

But PS2 is not at the end of it's life yet. PS3 is not "just around the corner".
Mon 14/04/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Assuming they follow the PSX plan, they won't drop the price drastically, if at all. They ended up making a profit out of console sales over the PSX's life cycle - built up the user base while making hardware loses, but towards the end of the machines life they were flogging them at a profit. They don't need to get into a price war.
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:47
Regular
"I'm Great."
I think that they will do something, possibly not quite yet though. maybe in about late May/ early June. It will be something like a price cut or maybe a better deal, e.g free game and extra control pad. If not it will still sell lke everyone has said but maybe not quite as well as it has been.
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:37
Regular
Sony knows that people will buy the thing no matter what the price is, just because it's the Sony PLAYSTATION 2. People don't care about the price, they THINK they are getting the best thing ever...
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:33
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
No need for a price drop.

Everyone's bought the thing.

:-D
Mon 14/04/03 at 12:32
Regular
Now that GameCube & XBox are cheaper than PS2, it can't be long before Sony drop the price. Anyone seen any info on this yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.