GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wave Race 64 or Blue Storm?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/04/03 at 08:43
Regular
What do you all prefer?

I really like both, but find Blue Storm a bit too frustating, especially some of the scenery textures which can stop you dead or knock you off, and the obstacles which if hit wrongly can stop you dead, (ramps for instance!), and the overly mean collision detection.

I finished everything on WR64, and went back over and over again, but find the Expert Circuit on Blue Storm too frustrating to really enjoy playing.

I still think Blue Storm is very good, I just feel it wasn't play tested fully enough.
Tue 15/04/03 at 20:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
URAT
Tue 15/04/03 at 19:55
Regular
"zelda champion"
Blue Storm
Tue 15/04/03 at 17:35
Regular
Definitley Bluestorm. Didn't really care for Wave Race 64 but the new one appealed to me a lot.
Tue 15/04/03 at 16:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I didn't really like Waverace 64, and I've never played Blue Storm. Consequently I don't have an opinion, so I won't post on this thread.

Bah :O/
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:32
Regular
Blue Storm
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:43
Regular
"  "
Yeah I have to agree it is all set up. it would be good if you could set them off yourself. :)
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:42
Regular
I love Blue Storm but I do prefer Wave Race 64.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:34
Regular
"past,present&future"
Yeah, it's cools when stuff falls in, I just wish it was a bit more random, instead of being the same object in the same place, on the same lap, in the same weather condition every time.

It makes it like Burnout, where you have to not just race near perfectly, but also have to learn all the position of all the moving obstacles on every lap, too.

I do prefer more instinctive gaming, rather than learning set patterns.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:14
Regular
"  "
Blue Dtorm has some breath taking moments, especially when an object falls in the sea and causes a killa wave. As for 64, was a bit too Arcadey for me... Didn't like the time limits.
Tue 15/04/03 at 08:43
Regular
"past,present&future"
What do you all prefer?

I really like both, but find Blue Storm a bit too frustating, especially some of the scenery textures which can stop you dead or knock you off, and the obstacles which if hit wrongly can stop you dead, (ramps for instance!), and the overly mean collision detection.

I finished everything on WR64, and went back over and over again, but find the Expert Circuit on Blue Storm too frustrating to really enjoy playing.

I still think Blue Storm is very good, I just feel it wasn't play tested fully enough.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.