GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" A Halo question (I've just brought an Xbox)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo'.
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:28
Regular
Could someone please tell me if Halo has Computer AL bots in Multiplayer mode?? I have 2 controllers but fighting in these massive areans with just 2 players is stupid. Any ideas?? Thanks :D
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:28
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
Could someone please tell me if Halo has Computer AL bots in Multiplayer mode?? I have 2 controllers but fighting in these massive areans with just 2 players is stupid. Any ideas?? Thanks :D
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
No AI bots in Halo. I find that when my friends come over for split screen we never play the game seriously. We have more fun on Blood Gulch just raming vehicles and throwing plasma greneades. Even on link up we mess about, even if theres 4 of us. I find Halo a mess around game, as I dont think we have hardly played a proper game in multi-player, just spents hours and hours messing about.
Tue 15/04/03 at 09:39
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Nope, you need real people unfortunately :)

By the way, go out and get the new X Gamer magazine, has a free Halo guide by Prima that used to be on sale for £12.99, the magazine only costs £3.49 and has a free DVD with it as well - Bargain.
Tue 15/04/03 at 12:39
Regular
a follow up question - can you have 2 people on 2 x-boxes playing co-operatively ????
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:18
Regular
"He's back"
yes, co-op is a mode
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:20
Regular
NO, read the question - Can 2 people with *2* X-boxes play cooperatively on *2* different Tellies (rather than split screen).
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:33
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I'll fire up the xbox for you and check.

It appears as though you cannot play co-op mode over the system link. The options for multiplayer were only:

Co-op
Multiplayer on 1 box
System link

Meaning the co-op mode was a different menu option.
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:44
Regular
how do u link Xbox`es then via the ethernet port?, using RJ 45 crossover cable, any one used a 4 port Hub, if so did that work?
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:50
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
You link Xboxes in the same way you would with a PC, crossover cable for two boxes, or a hub for more than 2 boxes (up to 4)
Tue 15/04/03 at 13:54
Regular
Tóm wrote:
> You link Xboxes in the same way you would with a PC, crossover cable
> for two boxes, or a hub for more than 2 boxes (up to 4)

ok techinical one for you then, assuming ICS(Internet Connection Sharing is setup on your PC then via a hub and RJ 45 (not Cross over cables) and assuming xbox live on both xboxes. could you connect via your shared PC connection both Xboxes?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.