GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"D34n0's adventure........ Part 1- The painful beginning"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 15:48
Regular
And so the journey began, the long treck to the towers was enduring but hopefully worthwhile. The first site that entered my view was a pair of towering gates, a loud bellowing voice called out....

"I am Tony, so you want to join our community, life is tough within and as a newbie it'll be a hard challenge to accomplish but it will be worth it, soon enough your name will turn a nice shade of purple and you will gain respect. But first, you must choose a nickname"

A nickname, hmmm, Sony fan, no thats pants oh i havent got time Vigilante9 will do.

"You have chosen... miserably! But it will do, you may enter "

The gates opened and my first step into SR towers was taken! At first i kept quiet, monotoring the conversations and getting aquainted with the regulars, what i saw however scared me! what was known as "Newbie bashing" continued as a never ending torture for all with a brown tinted name! But for all with red... life was demarnding and only a select few prevailed! I plucked up enough courage to attempt a small qoute within a popular thread..... BANG! I was met with what hardcore gamers call Clan's, clans of sony, ninty (Nintendo) and microsft fans all asking me who and what group i suported! Sony at heart I gave my view! Next thing i know i was being bashed with very large Ninty and microsoft sticks! The ninty stick was feeble but the almighty microsoft LOG caused severe damage! I retreted but soon to return!

The next few days proved difficult but i emerged Brown Titned and battle scared, id had learnt who were my allies and who i must avoid which in the world of SR is a necessity. The almighty tony who had met me at the gate appeard now and again and i attempt conversation but no response was gained, my only conclusion was that the fact that my name closely resembelled the beautiful shade of human waste showed i wasnt in the ranks of "he who talks to toni".

The next day was a day of joy that would bring with it much respect! I had won GAD with a review of Outtrigger! I was extatic and claimed GT3 as my prize! People respected me and i started to live within the community! After this GAD win i had to retreat from the towers for work purposes, my life within the community was short, but i was to would return in 2 months time to be welcomed by a ..... different place!
Tue 21/09/10 at 19:42
Regular
Just like home, talking to myself.
Tue 21/09/10 at 19:42
Regular
Just to test the forum, well done Kate. Straight forward.... any fool can do it !!
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:14
thanks, i was gonna do a second part but no1 seems interested! oh well u win some u lose some !!!!!!!
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:11
Regular
Dan2K1 wrote:
> ;¬)

oooookkkkk.....nice post topic whateva
Sun 25/11/01 at 17:18
;¬)
Sun 25/11/01 at 15:48
And so the journey began, the long treck to the towers was enduring but hopefully worthwhile. The first site that entered my view was a pair of towering gates, a loud bellowing voice called out....

"I am Tony, so you want to join our community, life is tough within and as a newbie it'll be a hard challenge to accomplish but it will be worth it, soon enough your name will turn a nice shade of purple and you will gain respect. But first, you must choose a nickname"

A nickname, hmmm, Sony fan, no thats pants oh i havent got time Vigilante9 will do.

"You have chosen... miserably! But it will do, you may enter "

The gates opened and my first step into SR towers was taken! At first i kept quiet, monotoring the conversations and getting aquainted with the regulars, what i saw however scared me! what was known as "Newbie bashing" continued as a never ending torture for all with a brown tinted name! But for all with red... life was demarnding and only a select few prevailed! I plucked up enough courage to attempt a small qoute within a popular thread..... BANG! I was met with what hardcore gamers call Clan's, clans of sony, ninty (Nintendo) and microsft fans all asking me who and what group i suported! Sony at heart I gave my view! Next thing i know i was being bashed with very large Ninty and microsoft sticks! The ninty stick was feeble but the almighty microsoft LOG caused severe damage! I retreted but soon to return!

The next few days proved difficult but i emerged Brown Titned and battle scared, id had learnt who were my allies and who i must avoid which in the world of SR is a necessity. The almighty tony who had met me at the gate appeard now and again and i attempt conversation but no response was gained, my only conclusion was that the fact that my name closely resembelled the beautiful shade of human waste showed i wasnt in the ranks of "he who talks to toni".

The next day was a day of joy that would bring with it much respect! I had won GAD with a review of Outtrigger! I was extatic and claimed GT3 as my prize! People respected me and i started to live within the community! After this GAD win i had to retreat from the towers for work purposes, my life within the community was short, but i was to would return in 2 months time to be welcomed by a ..... different place!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.