GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Multicultural nationalities make it impossible to be racist?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/10 at 09:54
Regular
"8==="
Just a thought.

Because countries are no longer (were they ever?) consisting of one race of people and instead are a collection of different races and cultures it is impossible to be racist by saying something such as 'I hate the French/English' because there is not a specific race attatched to that country (like there ever was).

So to be racist you would have to say 'I hate the French/English race' but simply saying 'I hate the French/English' is not racist as you are commenting on a nationality and not a race.

Thoughts?
Tue 21/09/10 at 18:26
Regular
I hear that if you go back 30 generations we're all related...urghh! Incest!
Tue 21/09/10 at 17:25
Regular
"How Ironic"
Garin wrote:
> Sorry but in my opinion it never was racist commenting on a
> nationality. Saying "I hate the french" (I do btw) is
> racist is nothing more than bad use of the english lanugage.

It's abit of a generalisation though.. :P
Tue 21/09/10 at 16:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Sorry but in my opinion it never was racist commenting on a nationality. Saying "I hate the french" (I do btw) is racist is nothing more than bad use of the english lanugage.
Tue 21/09/10 at 15:56
Regular
"How Ironic"
I think racism is based more upon the origins of each race. The English race originates in England, but that doesn't make everyone in England English. Although there is no such thing as a pure race. I myself am something ridiculous like a 16th German and an 8th Irish (thanks to my great and great great grandparents).
Tue 21/09/10 at 12:35
Regular
"8==="
Yep, I just think it's interesting that making fun of someone's nationality and to some degree their culture isn't generally racist anymore because lots of places are much more racially diverse than than they used to be.

The end of the ultra-politically correct draws closer.
Tue 21/09/10 at 12:26
"possibly impossible"
Racism isn't exactly based on logic, though, is it?

The fact that someone is born in the UK, for example, does not put the racists off chants such as 'go back to your own country' and certainly some who follow the vile BNP rules believe that the English race is based on those who's English ancestors can be traced back a certain number of generations.

Of course, what they fail to realise is that if you go back far enough then no one is English and if you go back further we're all technically African (as per current historical evidence).
Tue 21/09/10 at 09:54
Regular
"8==="
Just a thought.

Because countries are no longer (were they ever?) consisting of one race of people and instead are a collection of different races and cultures it is impossible to be racist by saying something such as 'I hate the French/English' because there is not a specific race attatched to that country (like there ever was).

So to be racist you would have to say 'I hate the French/English race' but simply saying 'I hate the French/English' is not racist as you are commenting on a nationality and not a race.

Thoughts?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.