GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Those who hate Windows should read this..."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 14:47
Regular
First off, I'd just like to say hi. I presume there are many of you aren't too keen on Windows (I'm not either!), so this may be interseting. I don't pretend to understand the intrecasies of all this, but next year both Intel and AMB will change their processors to the 32-bit format to enable them to exceed the current limit on the speed (regardless of MHz) they can achive at the current 16-bit format (i.e. the speed (nuber of calculations per second/floting points etc..) of the processor would not increase even if the MHz was increased because the 16-bit format is not compattible ). When they do this however, all new drivers (code that makes the thing work, basically) will have to be written, and although AMD will make their backward-compattible - making it usable with operating systems that do not have code to support the 32-bit format like the ones we use now (including Windows XP), Intel will not.
This means that if MicroSoft want Windows (and any other products they produce) to work with Intel processors, whey will have to recode it/them from scratch! So, maybe they'll do a good job of it this time!
Good or Bad? Personally, I think good, but I'd like to hear your views.
One thing to consider, MicroSoft are bigger than Intel...
Sun 25/11/01 at 14:47
First off, I'd just like to say hi. I presume there are many of you aren't too keen on Windows (I'm not either!), so this may be interseting. I don't pretend to understand the intrecasies of all this, but next year both Intel and AMB will change their processors to the 32-bit format to enable them to exceed the current limit on the speed (regardless of MHz) they can achive at the current 16-bit format (i.e. the speed (nuber of calculations per second/floting points etc..) of the processor would not increase even if the MHz was increased because the 16-bit format is not compattible ). When they do this however, all new drivers (code that makes the thing work, basically) will have to be written, and although AMD will make their backward-compattible - making it usable with operating systems that do not have code to support the 32-bit format like the ones we use now (including Windows XP), Intel will not.
This means that if MicroSoft want Windows (and any other products they produce) to work with Intel processors, whey will have to recode it/them from scratch! So, maybe they'll do a good job of it this time!
Good or Bad? Personally, I think good, but I'd like to hear your views.
One thing to consider, MicroSoft are bigger than Intel...
Wed 09/01/02 at 20:19
Regular
"Don't mess"
What are you going on about???

The pentium 4 uses 64bit architecture and works in xp.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.