GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Documents word and pdf formats"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/10 at 19:55
Regular
"Oh! Blimey"
Hi

Is there a way i can add a link to a document hosted on the freeola site? i am wanting to be able to hold all the minutes and information for our site, so people can get the new minutes and achive minutes?

any hep. if its not possible then i shall have to find a site that i can do this with

thanks

Peter
Sun 19/09/10 at 19:55
Regular
"Oh! Blimey"
Hi

Is there a way i can add a link to a document hosted on the freeola site? i am wanting to be able to hold all the minutes and information for our site, so people can get the new minutes and achive minutes?

any hep. if its not possible then i shall have to find a site that i can do this with

thanks

Peter
Sun 19/09/10 at 20:31
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
pankyone wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way i can add a link to a document hosted on the
> freeola site? i am wanting to be able to hold all the minutes and
> information for our site, so people can get the new minutes and
> achive minutes?
>
> any hep. if its not possible then i shall have to find a site
> that i can do this with
>
> thanks
>
> Peter

If these files (documents) are saved with the correct file extension ie .doc for word documents and .pdf for pdf documents and then uploaded to your site folder....then yes.....you can then 'link' to them as you would any other 'page' .... ie 'mywebsite/my folder/mydocument.doc'. Don't forget that to read pdf files, your 'readers' will need a pdf reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader, which most should have as standard these days :¬)
Mon 20/09/10 at 09:08
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
I've answered this matter for you in your support ticket, but so other forum users are aware there is a specific tutorial for uploading PDF and word files to Instant Pro.

It's always worth mentioning when posting that your question relates to InstantPro, that way any responses you receive will be specifically related to InstantPro, and not Web Hosting in general.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.