GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"php5? currently showing 4.4.9"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/10 at 09:29
Regular
"shoobedooo"
I thought I'd try here rather than ring and bug someone again :-)
I'm running joomla with phpBB3 but there are more and more plugins and extensions that I can't install, the most important to me being a backup utility.
I can manually back up stuff of course, but there's an plugin called akeeba I used on someone else's site which is great, but needs php5.
The next version of phpBB3 when it is rolled out will not support php4 the admin panel keeps telling me.

I was going to install joomlaCB just now but that says it needs php5 as well. What do I do, is there a work round to get akeeba and joomla CB working?

TIA ! Steve E
Sun 19/09/10 at 09:29
Regular
"shoobedooo"
I thought I'd try here rather than ring and bug someone again :-)
I'm running joomla with phpBB3 but there are more and more plugins and extensions that I can't install, the most important to me being a backup utility.
I can manually back up stuff of course, but there's an plugin called akeeba I used on someone else's site which is great, but needs php5.
The next version of phpBB3 when it is rolled out will not support php4 the admin panel keeps telling me.

I was going to install joomlaCB just now but that says it needs php5 as well. What do I do, is there a work round to get akeeba and joomla CB working?

TIA ! Steve E
Sun 19/09/10 at 09:41
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi slowaneasy,

The Free Hosting servers (Web Freedom included) run PHP4 by default, PHP5 is available on the server if you wish to use it. To enable PHP5 you will need to add a line to your .htaccess file (if you don't have one you will need to create one).

The code that you would need to add is:

"AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php" (remember to remove the qoutes).

This should resolve the issues you have described, if you would like me to put this in place for you I will need to know which web site we are talking about. If you want to you could tell me over the forums, or put on a support request instead.
Sun 19/09/10 at 10:02
Regular
"shoobedooo"
There's no security problem telling you the name of the site here is there?
the site is www.steveenglish.com

Now, there's another thing you've touched on. I can't seem to put an .htaccess in place in htdocs? I've tried before just to get a 404 in place and failed.
Sun 19/09/10 at 10:16
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
No security issue, just some users may not want to disclose their web site address on the forums!

There is already a .htaccess file in your web folder... I have added the code mentioned to this file.

I have then performed a PHP version check and your site reports as:

Current PHP version: 5.2.6

:)
Sun 19/09/10 at 10:25
Regular
"shoobedooo"
Many thanks! That was really painless :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.