GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To be or not to be..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 13:42
Regular
To be…or not to be…that is the question.

Well, in fact, the real question is as follows…

How many times have you been 'bummed' that you are not able to communicate with other members at the forums, the same way you could, using AOL or Yahoo messenger? I feel that Special Reserve should welcome GAD members a ‘chat’ page. But not like the forums. I mean an instant chat like an instant messenger kind of thing. I mean, who here has ever wanted to speak to someone, but always had to wait until the page loads, add your e-mail address and password to enter a post, then try and send a message to someone using a topic at the forums, hoping they would reply back? Everybody, right?
Well…how about a chat application, which members can download to chat to one another. It’s much faster, it’s more accessible, and it’s far better. To be honest…the forums are mainly there for competition purposes. It is obviously to check out people’s responses from the topic as well, but if we want to chat to a friend in that particular topic, we can’t exactly start posting messages in someone else's topic, especially when it’s not regarding anything to do with it.

So I think it’s a great idea to add this to the site; a GAD chat service.
That would really be something and a great way to get more people entering the site and making memberships.
Regarding memberships…it would be better to make it available only to people who subscribe to Special Reserve. That way…everyone on there would find it easier to talk to someone about something.

Thanks for reading.

Son Of Liberty
Mon 26/11/01 at 01:11
my pleasure
Mon 26/11/01 at 01:06
Regular
why thankyou
Mon 26/11/01 at 00:51
ther ya go another brilliant innovation by the darling woman mystique
Mon 26/11/01 at 00:43
Regular
why not just download msn
nearly everyone has that
Mon 26/11/01 at 00:37
They have done this before, not very successful though, so i doubt that they will bring it back
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:07
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
Gaming Boy wrote:
> So, basicly, SOL, you want a live DigiChat?

lol - if that's what you call it...then yes. If it's possible.
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:04
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
So, basicly, SOL, you want a live DigiChat?
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:29
"period drama"
good idea whichever one of you thought of it

but i think it's quite good at the moment when everyone can just say whatever they want, whenever they want.

ooh! cheese on a stick
Sun 25/11/01 at 18:24
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
JaCeeUK wrote:
> A little SR-IM would be a good idea but has also been thought of by me ages
> ago.

Sorry JaCeeUK - I had no idea that you had made a topic like this a while ago.
I have not been in the forums since then. I do make posts regularly, but have never come across that.

Thank's for responding though.
Sun 25/11/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Hoo Har"
A little SR-IM would be a good idea but has also been thought of by me ages ago.

If you've been on the forums at CoH you'll see a good instant message thing. You don’t speak to each other like live chat, you send each other little messages that you can reply to, its a good idea that I hope Tony takes in consideration.

Though many people will say it will destroy what we have created here at FOG...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.