GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband: 9 Day ADSL outage - Support ticket 163544"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/09/10 at 18:32
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola.
I've been helping my Dad with his Freeola Broadband outage which has lasted 9 days :¬(

My last update from you was on Monday evening.
I updated my 'ticket' this morning asking a few questions.

The good news is that the ADSL connection 'came back to life' shortly after?!

I've updated my support ticket 3 times today but haven't had a reply. I'm not sure if anyone is replying to tickets today - perhaps you have a backlog?

There is a BT appointment scheduled for the 22nd.
As the ADSL connection has now sprang back to life on it's own accord this needs to be cancelled ASAP so the £160+VAT charge isn't applied.

After performing the normal tests; all broadband equipment was returned to normal during the week. So whatever the 'issue' was it wasn't within the property and was either Freeola/Enta or BT.

I'm ALWAYS recommending Freeola Broadband (as you know) so am a little disappointed how this long outage has been managed.

A number of the items mentioned in your Broadband Fault Procedure Policy don't seem to have been implemented.

As always, I'm trying to be constructive as I'm a big Freeola fan (& customer!) so hope my comments will help to improve things for the future.
All comments are welcomed, either here or via my support ticket.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 18/09/10 at 18:32
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola.
I've been helping my Dad with his Freeola Broadband outage which has lasted 9 days :¬(

My last update from you was on Monday evening.
I updated my 'ticket' this morning asking a few questions.

The good news is that the ADSL connection 'came back to life' shortly after?!

I've updated my support ticket 3 times today but haven't had a reply. I'm not sure if anyone is replying to tickets today - perhaps you have a backlog?

There is a BT appointment scheduled for the 22nd.
As the ADSL connection has now sprang back to life on it's own accord this needs to be cancelled ASAP so the £160+VAT charge isn't applied.

After performing the normal tests; all broadband equipment was returned to normal during the week. So whatever the 'issue' was it wasn't within the property and was either Freeola/Enta or BT.

I'm ALWAYS recommending Freeola Broadband (as you know) so am a little disappointed how this long outage has been managed.

A number of the items mentioned in your Broadband Fault Procedure Policy don't seem to have been implemented.

As always, I'm trying to be constructive as I'm a big Freeola fan (& customer!) so hope my comments will help to improve things for the future.
All comments are welcomed, either here or via my support ticket.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 18/09/10 at 18:48
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
As far as I am aware you are dealing with my colleague regarding this fault. My colleague rang you advising of the backlog of an engineer appointment and advised that we will contact our wholesaler each day to see if we can move your appointment forward.

He advised that he would be in touch as soon as we have any further information. We have not thus far had any further information, as such have not contacted you back by telephone.

As for your ticket, I am not aware of it as I am not in the office today, last time I checked there was no new information. I will however take a look at it tomorrow and cancel the appointment if possible (see no reason for it not to be the case).
Sun 19/09/10 at 09:22
"Are you sure?"
Sorry if my post came across as harsh.

With Customer Service it often helps to put yourself in the customer's situation to see their point of view.

I'm sure anyone here that values their broadband would be pretty unhappy to have 'no service' for over a week.

On Monday I was told about a 9 day wait for BT to investigate further and that Freeola would be chasing/querying this with both Entanet and BT daily as we all agreed this didn't sound right.

I think most people would think it was fair to expect some type of update between Monday to now, given the loss of service and your Broadband Fault Policy.

As I mention in my ticket a reason for BT's delayed response did come to light. They appear to have announced a nationwide 7 day delay while they 'catch up'. Though this is now academic as the fault has been cleared without a visit.

I'm relieved the service is back and will be interested to hear if a reason can be given.

As I mentioned I don't mean to be harsh or over critical - just telling it as I see it!
For balance, if you look at my other recent post 'Converting Anytime to Broadband' you will see that I was full of praise as this process worked perfectly!

PS. Don't forget to inform/cancel BT.
EDIT - Just arrived. Thank you for confirming the cancellation via my ticket.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.