GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem updating site with Frontpage 2000, after Freeola Upgrades"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 13:19
Regular
I've got an odd problem here :-(

I've had my domain name with Freeola for 18 months now, and everything has worked fine, creating and updating site with Frontpage 2000.
I did a small update (couple of new pages) last night, the first update in around 1 month, so the first since recent Freeola upgrades....and now I get this message on EVERY page of HTML or JPEG/GIF

"the files xxxxx.xxx has been altered by user (unknown) on 01/01/80, are you sure you want replace"

It seems Frontpage wants to upload my entire site (56Mb), even though I have only changed a couple of pages, and added a couple of new one - previously, Frontpage would obviously only update new or changed pages.

I managed to get my updates done last night via Cute FTP, but I dont want this to be a permanent solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

all the best,

Andy Lees
Motion Blur Formula One Photography
www.andylees.com
Mon 26/11/01 at 12:58
Regular
The upgrade involed moving all web data to new servers and as such the dates will be wrong. It won't be hapening again in a long, long time.
Sun 25/11/01 at 15:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Nice use of the neon glow there ;-)

Yes, the upgarde would very probably have changed all the creation dates. It probably won't happen again.
Sun 25/11/01 at 14:08
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
I think the problem is that when Freeola did the upgrades it changed all the dates on the files. I had simple SSI scripts on some of my pages to display a "this page last updated on blah.blah.blah", and after the upgrade they all showed the same date, presumably when the server was upgraded.

I don't know how you'll get around the problem without simply uploading the individual pages that you have changed.
Sun 25/11/01 at 13:19
I've got an odd problem here :-(

I've had my domain name with Freeola for 18 months now, and everything has worked fine, creating and updating site with Frontpage 2000.
I did a small update (couple of new pages) last night, the first update in around 1 month, so the first since recent Freeola upgrades....and now I get this message on EVERY page of HTML or JPEG/GIF

"the files xxxxx.xxx has been altered by user (unknown) on 01/01/80, are you sure you want replace"

It seems Frontpage wants to upload my entire site (56Mb), even though I have only changed a couple of pages, and added a couple of new one - previously, Frontpage would obviously only update new or changed pages.

I managed to get my updates done last night via Cute FTP, but I dont want this to be a permanent solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

all the best,

Andy Lees
Motion Blur Formula One Photography
www.andylees.com

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.