GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 FIRST IMPRESSIONS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 11:12
Regular
I have waited for November the 24th for a very long time, when it came it felt like a dream come true…

Since the PS2 was first revealed I have been dieing for my very own, so like a lot of the rest of the country I put my name on a list in Sony’s pre-order scheme, as soon as my chance came along on September 7th, I was straight on to the telephone 8:00 in the morning, as I knew it would be busy. The night before at 12:00 midnight, I attempted to order one off the net at Simply Games, but I don’t know if they were having server problems or if it was just busy because of this groundbreaking historical event. Before the latter happenings, I actually decided not to get one, I was going to wait for the so-called price drop after Christmas. But when pre-order day came I couldn’t help myself from going along with the rest of the Sony followers. So I ordered over the telephone from Comet Direct. A few letters later and some quick months, the ps2 finally arrived. To my surprise I received my PS2 the day before expected launch, but I guess they must have been delivering from Comet all week. They said it would be delivered on the morning of Thursday the 23rd of November. The morning came, but the PS2 never materialized until 11:55 am just before the afternoon was upon me. I opened the blue box up, and laid my eyes on the most beautiful console in the world, surprised at how heavy it was and how neat and different of what came before. Around 3pm I switched the console on, and I was surprised at how similar consoles are going like PCS, from the soothing sound of that fan to those pair of lights, its obvious future PCS will get smaller if they can make it possible. I got my new friend tuned in to the TV, and off we go, I thought anyway. I got my first CD ready to put in to the console, and pressed the disc drive button to open it, but to my horror the drive would not open, I broke in to a hot sweat as I tried to find a solution. Eventually I tried to prise it open with a knife, and to my relief it worked, and it was fine from then on. The launch titles are great but give it time, and they will be even better. The launch titles I have played are Timesplitters, ISS PRO, FIFA 2001, Tekken Tag Tournament, Ready To Rumble 2, Ridge Racer 5 and SSX. All of them have not been great but games such as SSX and TTT plus Timesplitters are really good games. I just can’t wait for the consoles future games and I have never looked more forward to console hardware, then I do now. Just think of your PS2 of the Ferrari of consoles, it’s got more power under its bonnet than any current console in existence.
Thu 16/09/10 at 15:01
Last nights ride was cancelled as nobody turned up!
Pity as the weather was superb as well :-(
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:47
"because of this groundbreaking historical event"

Lmao.

Year late this post methinks...
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:12
I have waited for November the 24th for a very long time, when it came it felt like a dream come true…

Since the PS2 was first revealed I have been dieing for my very own, so like a lot of the rest of the country I put my name on a list in Sony’s pre-order scheme, as soon as my chance came along on September 7th, I was straight on to the telephone 8:00 in the morning, as I knew it would be busy. The night before at 12:00 midnight, I attempted to order one off the net at Simply Games, but I don’t know if they were having server problems or if it was just busy because of this groundbreaking historical event. Before the latter happenings, I actually decided not to get one, I was going to wait for the so-called price drop after Christmas. But when pre-order day came I couldn’t help myself from going along with the rest of the Sony followers. So I ordered over the telephone from Comet Direct. A few letters later and some quick months, the ps2 finally arrived. To my surprise I received my PS2 the day before expected launch, but I guess they must have been delivering from Comet all week. They said it would be delivered on the morning of Thursday the 23rd of November. The morning came, but the PS2 never materialized until 11:55 am just before the afternoon was upon me. I opened the blue box up, and laid my eyes on the most beautiful console in the world, surprised at how heavy it was and how neat and different of what came before. Around 3pm I switched the console on, and I was surprised at how similar consoles are going like PCS, from the soothing sound of that fan to those pair of lights, its obvious future PCS will get smaller if they can make it possible. I got my new friend tuned in to the TV, and off we go, I thought anyway. I got my first CD ready to put in to the console, and pressed the disc drive button to open it, but to my horror the drive would not open, I broke in to a hot sweat as I tried to find a solution. Eventually I tried to prise it open with a knife, and to my relief it worked, and it was fine from then on. The launch titles are great but give it time, and they will be even better. The launch titles I have played are Timesplitters, ISS PRO, FIFA 2001, Tekken Tag Tournament, Ready To Rumble 2, Ridge Racer 5 and SSX. All of them have not been great but games such as SSX and TTT plus Timesplitters are really good games. I just can’t wait for the consoles future games and I have never looked more forward to console hardware, then I do now. Just think of your PS2 of the Ferrari of consoles, it’s got more power under its bonnet than any current console in existence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.