GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gaming just another emotion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/11/01 at 03:14
Regular
Ahhh finally a title i can be proud of, don't you think??? Isn't it beautiful.

Ahem anyway i'll start what i was going to say before i lose the plot of the entire thing and go insane.

Well for sometime now the gaming world has been coming far more advanced than our minds have ever imagined, actually it has become so advanced that these so called gaming characters are becoming all so real. Oh yes it's true, it's true. This is both a good thing and yet a bad thing.

Well to start this topics arguments i will talk about graphics (you all sigh). I know this has been done many times before but it fits in ok.

Well graphically, gaming characters are becoming just too real. well not to real, but very realistic. And guess what?? its just not the characters either, nope the whole set of the game; the landscapes, buildings etc (I bet you are all shocked now). This is something i don't think anyone actually thought would happen in the gaming world but it has and it is great. We get to look at a game that is just beautifully made, and we know that alot of work has been put into it.

Enough about graphics, and more about the characters in general. Well i have already covered their looks in the graphics, but i warn you i will refer back to this so be prepared. Anyway, the characters they look real and they are starting to think like.

Actually i wouldn't go that far because there is only so much they can think, and that is what the creators make them think. But i can tell you one thing now, their emotions seem real enough to me. The way they react to the surroundings, their facial expressions when something bad or good happens. Well to put it simply, the way they express their emotions. It is all just so real.

Well what am i getting on to?? you are pondering, well these so called emotions that the gaming charcters have, reflect on to us. By this i mean, that when the character is say sad, we actually start to feel something, you may not feel it as sadness, but it is. This is to everyone who has played Final Fantasy 7, you know when Aries died, right?? I bet you tought, "Aries is dead, i don't believe it" am i right?? and maybe you felt a little something in your stomach, am i right?? Of course i am, and this is called sadness, not terrible sadness like a loss of a family member but believe it or not it is true. And this theory (you can call it that if you want) is true for most emotions and most games.

These emotions aren't just created by the charcter though, they are mad by the atmosphere (music), the scene and it's colouring (lightmellow colours usually sadness) and ofcourse the story. This is all good mind because helps you get into the game, without these emotions the game would be boring (well if it was an RPG anyway) it would just get tedious. So emotions are very important whether you believe it or not.

Well thanx for reading

><{{{*>
Thu 16/09/10 at 08:56
Regular
Your landlord knows everything. the answer is the only decent football club in Cheshire.SCFC
Wed 15/09/10 at 18:08
Regular
which football club is nearest to the river mersey
Mon 26/11/01 at 10:30
I don't tend to feel sadness towards videogame characters dying, I just get amazed by the storylines of some games and the fact that I've got that little bit further.
Sun 25/11/01 at 22:52
boring farts
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:25
Ta mate

and tis true what you said about Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy 7
Sun 25/11/01 at 05:09
point well made
but yo do have to remember that FF7 is more of a cinematic game that that of say tomb raider (shudders).
but still point well made and well written. :)
Sun 25/11/01 at 03:14
Ahhh finally a title i can be proud of, don't you think??? Isn't it beautiful.

Ahem anyway i'll start what i was going to say before i lose the plot of the entire thing and go insane.

Well for sometime now the gaming world has been coming far more advanced than our minds have ever imagined, actually it has become so advanced that these so called gaming characters are becoming all so real. Oh yes it's true, it's true. This is both a good thing and yet a bad thing.

Well to start this topics arguments i will talk about graphics (you all sigh). I know this has been done many times before but it fits in ok.

Well graphically, gaming characters are becoming just too real. well not to real, but very realistic. And guess what?? its just not the characters either, nope the whole set of the game; the landscapes, buildings etc (I bet you are all shocked now). This is something i don't think anyone actually thought would happen in the gaming world but it has and it is great. We get to look at a game that is just beautifully made, and we know that alot of work has been put into it.

Enough about graphics, and more about the characters in general. Well i have already covered their looks in the graphics, but i warn you i will refer back to this so be prepared. Anyway, the characters they look real and they are starting to think like.

Actually i wouldn't go that far because there is only so much they can think, and that is what the creators make them think. But i can tell you one thing now, their emotions seem real enough to me. The way they react to the surroundings, their facial expressions when something bad or good happens. Well to put it simply, the way they express their emotions. It is all just so real.

Well what am i getting on to?? you are pondering, well these so called emotions that the gaming charcters have, reflect on to us. By this i mean, that when the character is say sad, we actually start to feel something, you may not feel it as sadness, but it is. This is to everyone who has played Final Fantasy 7, you know when Aries died, right?? I bet you tought, "Aries is dead, i don't believe it" am i right?? and maybe you felt a little something in your stomach, am i right?? Of course i am, and this is called sadness, not terrible sadness like a loss of a family member but believe it or not it is true. And this theory (you can call it that if you want) is true for most emotions and most games.

These emotions aren't just created by the charcter though, they are mad by the atmosphere (music), the scene and it's colouring (lightmellow colours usually sadness) and ofcourse the story. This is all good mind because helps you get into the game, without these emotions the game would be boring (well if it was an RPG anyway) it would just get tedious. So emotions are very important whether you believe it or not.

Well thanx for reading

><{{{*>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.