GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Backwards Compatability."

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/10 at 14:17
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Ok I know I'm way behind the times here, but I'm not too sure on backwards compatability on the 360.

I know it's possible but I was wondering if I would have to download something from LIVE to do so (thats what I was told by a Gamestation worker).

I used to have LIVE and never saw anything like this but I don't have access to LIVE now as I refuse to pay out for it when I hardly used it.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd love to get the old GTA trilogy but don't want to waste money on it as it's still pretty expensive.
Wed 15/09/10 at 20:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
I could tell you how to get it, but I'm not allowed to say how on this forum, if you catch my drift...
Wed 15/09/10 at 20:08
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Thanks pb, now I just need to find somewhere to download Chatterbox.
Wed 15/09/10 at 19:43
"possibly impossible"
TattooedGamer wrote:
> Thank you Moto. The GTA trilogy is listed but I'm not sure if
> it'll work wihout me having LIVE because of this emulation thingy
> (I'm not very tech minded obviously)
>
> On another note, I was wondering if it's somehow possible to
> transfer music/soundfiles from my laptop to the 360? I would
> love to be able to put GTA3's chatterbox radio station onto my
> hard-drive to use on GTA4. (If that's even legal anyway)

If you have MP3s then you can put them on a memory stick and put this in either of the 2 front USB ports in the 360. this will let you play the music in game.
Wed 15/09/10 at 18:14
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Cool, thanks Dav. Think I'll get the old GTA's and Halo 1&2 then.
Wed 15/09/10 at 15:00
Regular
"And in last place.."
You don't need to be a Live subscriber to get the update.

See Here
Wed 15/09/10 at 14:52
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Having an original XBox still and knowing that some games will never be backwards compatible, I've not done much with the 360 backwards compatibility.

I did play Burnout 3 on the 360. I think it was just a quick download and then it worked but I can't remember. It was a number of years ago.

It should be a free download if you have a silver account anyway.
Wed 15/09/10 at 14:50
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Thank you Moto. The GTA trilogy is listed but I'm not sure if it'll work wihout me having LIVE because of this emulation thingy (I'm not very tech minded obviously)

On another note, I was wondering if it's somehow possible to transfer music/soundfiles from my laptop to the 360? I would love to be able to put GTA3's chatterbox radio station onto my hard-drive to use on GTA4. (If that's even legal anyway).
Wed 15/09/10 at 14:42
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
I've had a quick search and found a handy games list that tells you which games can be played.
Wed 15/09/10 at 14:40
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
The Xbox360 uses software emulation for games, which means that there is no guarantee for older games to work correctly.

I believe that the most popular games will work without any issues, some may require a small download in order for them to function and some may just not work at all! This was the case the last time I looked into it (a year or so ago).
Wed 15/09/10 at 14:17
Regular
"Zebra Three 537-ONN"
Ok I know I'm way behind the times here, but I'm not too sure on backwards compatability on the 360.

I know it's possible but I was wondering if I would have to download something from LIVE to do so (thats what I was told by a Gamestation worker).

I used to have LIVE and never saw anything like this but I don't have access to LIVE now as I refuse to pay out for it when I hardly used it.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd love to get the old GTA trilogy but don't want to waste money on it as it's still pretty expensive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.