GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"C&C Generals fan thread : talk bout fav. stuff"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Command & Conquer: Generals'.
Tue 15/04/03 at 20:10
Regular
HI,

man, yesterday (14th) i bought Generals, and i have to say that it is the best RTS i have ever played. EVER. and no i HAVE played a collection of games in my gaming time, and that time is a lot (at least 6 hours a day, phew).

im positive there are generals fans out there so start it off for me.....

ok fine, i will -

Overlord tanks huh? wassup with that........

*crickets in the distance*
Tue 15/04/03 at 20:10
Regular
HI,

man, yesterday (14th) i bought Generals, and i have to say that it is the best RTS i have ever played. EVER. and no i HAVE played a collection of games in my gaming time, and that time is a lot (at least 6 hours a day, phew).

im positive there are generals fans out there so start it off for me.....

ok fine, i will -

Overlord tanks huh? wassup with that........

*crickets in the distance*
Tue 15/04/03 at 20:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im addicted to this game. We should play multiplayer sometime.
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:05
Regular
HAH, i've got more chance of finding a penny underneath my butt......HEY! A PENNY!

shame really, i cant really play RTS online - without broadband it is hell
Wed 16/04/03 at 10:09
Regular
but YEAH, there's definitely something special about that game aint there? i mean, not only does it look good, but personally i think it plays better than any C & C's dont you think? i mean, just look at the overlord tank - a great effort at bringing the apocalypse-style tank forwards, and you can build stuff on it too!!! that unit is my dream unit really, great firepower, great versatility, but man that driver freaks me out sometimes.

e.g
"i am......big"
"this..is the overlord.....tank"
"i will..........crush"

- all in a very deep and not-very-chinese-is-it? accent.

China is definitely my favourite, the nukes wipe the floor with the wimpy particle cannon, and it takes only two ticks to get to the target aswell. along with those is the artillery strike, and it looks goooooooood.

is anyone still listening to me?
Wed 16/04/03 at 12:07
Regular
"Wobble"
It's great, but I still prefer Tiberian Sun over all.
Wed 16/04/03 at 14:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh god, tiberian sun is awful. Especially online.
Wed 16/04/03 at 14:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> shame really, i cant really play RTS online - without broadband it is
> hell

Actually it isnt bad at all, i only use 56k, and i played with absolutely no lag.
Wed 16/04/03 at 18:58
Goody, the word is spreading. Pretty soon there'll be enough for an 8 player match. Of course, we all need broadband for that, but I'm sure it's not far off.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:38
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> i only use 56k, and i played with absolutely no lag.

well seeing as ive got a BT office about 25 metres away from my door I shouldnt really be that bad online either, but yknow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.