GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Console is for Life, Not just for Christmas!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 17:44
Regular
Dennis is a Sega Dreamcast. He was very happy when he was bought from Special Reserve and was looking forward to being played on that christmas.
But as the red wrapping paper with the fat little men on was speedily ripped off on the morning of the 25th day of December. A greedy little face was staring down at him, "Wow! a Sega Dreamcast Cool!" Little Asher then proceeded to rush Dennis upstairs to plug him in.
He then stayed up there in the room for the day playing Sonic Adventure and Hydro Thunder, but disaster struck.
Asher had a Playstation and was desperate for a Playstation 2 but now he had his Dreamcast he wasn't so sure.
That night he was watching the TV and saw a PS2 advertisment. He immediatly turned into a spoiled brat, screaming at his parents "WHY DIDN'T YOU GET A PS2, I HATE YOU." He then proceded to chuck Dennis out on the street.

Dennis wandered the streets for days, begging for batteries in his nearby Tandy and trying to be adopted by Electronics Boutique, Gameplay or Dixons but no one wanted him.
He ended up getting addicted to static electricity and was caught several times in a rubber factory. When people walked past him in the street they laughed and kicked him over. He finally destroyed himself by lying on railway lines surging electricity through his circuitry as the 19:51 freight train ploughed straight through him.
Sammy the SNES on the other hand suffered another, even worse fate.
His faithful owner Richard had owned him for years, playing Mario, Zelda and Streetfighter. But then the Nintendo 64 came out and his owner just sold back to a shop. He sat on that shelf for years longing just to play Streetfighter 2 or
Super Mario brothers 3, even just to be turned on for five minutes, was that too much to ask. He stayed there gathering dust, thermistors rusting, risistors crumbling until one day four years later he was picked off the shelf. "finally" he thought I'm going to play games again, but instead he was chucked into a bin.
Lying on a landfill with half a banana on his head, he longed to have a cartridge plugged into his socket but too old and too far gone he transmitted his last 100010 of binary code and finally laid to rest.
The lesson? There is no such thing as a bad console, so why get rid of it. I know alot of you on here still have your old consoles (I for one still have a spectrum) but so many people are selling on their 'old' and 'outdated' consoles so they can get new consoles with the same games (pratically) in a different dimension. I don't know how anyone can part with a console after it enetertaining them for years, or just throw it away without playing it properly first. It's not right, console games are still fun no matter about the age.
So next time you go to sell your console just stop and think!
Sun 12/09/10 at 19:14
Evenin.......

Well, here it is...the last Weds night daylight ride!

Only 6 months to the first one next year :-)
Or.. to be a little more accurate:

It is now Sunday 12/09/2010 at 19:09:31
Event: First Weds Night Ride 2011
Scheduled For 30/03/2011 06:00 PM
6 months 17 days 22 hours 50 minutes 29 seconds or
28 weekends or
199 days or
4,774 hours (3,183 waking hours) or
286,490 minutes or
17,189,428 seconds

Meet at the Hare & Hounds at 5:45pm for a 6pm dart ;-)
Sun 25/11/01 at 15:04
But Ant you still would go back and play it right?
Sun 25/11/01 at 13:13
I still have my old NES with loads of games on it and i still love playing the mario games , Double Dragon etc..
The NES may be old but it is still great fun to play on
Sat 24/11/01 at 22:15
Regular
"I like cheese"
If I ever had to choose between my Mega Drive and PS2, it would be PS2 all the way. 100%.

It offers so much of a better experience overall than anything else.
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:36
vertical stand maybe!
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:31
Regular
Nah, thing is i aint gotta any more space in my bedroom to have any more consoles. MY PS2 takes up the only space available. I'd have to stick my N64 to the wall or somthin!
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:18
you see! You're having second thoughts already, anyway just get a SCART multi plug
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:16
Regular
Mind you, I'm pritty damn lazy. I would proably play on them if they were set up with a TV. At the moment they are packed away at the back of my room.
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:13
I'm still coming back to those!
maybe because i'm so open minded...
Sat 24/11/01 at 18:06
Regular
I forgot Perfect dark and goldeneye....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.