GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Strikers Charged Football'.
Tue 22/05/07 at 11:27
Regular
I have managed to get hold of a copy of Mario SCF early and people it is well worth buying. Since recieving my Wii on release I have searched high and low for a couple of decent titles to keep me going until the release of all of the big nintendo titles such as the new mario platformer. Obviously I bought zelda but to be honest there hasn't been much out there of any real quality yet. This is where Mario SCF turns the tables. I enjoy the usual style of football games but lets face it the novelty of a new Pro evo only lasts so long and manager titles last even less. Run run pass... pass pass shoot..... not much fun. Mario SCF puts the fun back into football games in the same way as nintendo revived the racing, tennis and even golf franchises with our fat plumbing friend.

You pick a team captain and then choose your team based on the individual skills of each of the players. This means you have a huge number of options and skills in your team. There are all kinds of special moves and each player has their own super charge shot. At this point the ball splits into 6 balls and you have to try and save all of them. This means a friend could be beating you by 4 goals and with one super shot you can give yourself a 2 goal lead. This again breaks up the manotiny you get with most of the football games.

The Wii controls lend themself to this game very well and I was surprised how easy they were. I had expected very little accuracy from the Wiimote buit it was actually very good and the slightest bit too much force can turn a nice looping shot into the top corner into a "row Z" kick.

It is a truely great game with all the unlocks you would expect from a mario sparts game and I have no doubt that I will be playing this as much as i played Mario Kart: Double dash. I advise anyone with a Wii to buy this as it would make a good addition to any collection.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 22/05/07 at 11:27
Regular
I have managed to get hold of a copy of Mario SCF early and people it is well worth buying. Since recieving my Wii on release I have searched high and low for a couple of decent titles to keep me going until the release of all of the big nintendo titles such as the new mario platformer. Obviously I bought zelda but to be honest there hasn't been much out there of any real quality yet. This is where Mario SCF turns the tables. I enjoy the usual style of football games but lets face it the novelty of a new Pro evo only lasts so long and manager titles last even less. Run run pass... pass pass shoot..... not much fun. Mario SCF puts the fun back into football games in the same way as nintendo revived the racing, tennis and even golf franchises with our fat plumbing friend.

You pick a team captain and then choose your team based on the individual skills of each of the players. This means you have a huge number of options and skills in your team. There are all kinds of special moves and each player has their own super charge shot. At this point the ball splits into 6 balls and you have to try and save all of them. This means a friend could be beating you by 4 goals and with one super shot you can give yourself a 2 goal lead. This again breaks up the manotiny you get with most of the football games.

The Wii controls lend themself to this game very well and I was surprised how easy they were. I had expected very little accuracy from the Wiimote buit it was actually very good and the slightest bit too much force can turn a nice looping shot into the top corner into a "row Z" kick.

It is a truely great game with all the unlocks you would expect from a mario sparts game and I have no doubt that I will be playing this as much as i played Mario Kart: Double dash. I advise anyone with a Wii to buy this as it would make a good addition to any collection.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.