GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SUPERCALIFRADGILISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 13:57
Regular
Sorry about that outburst! Its just – no word can explain music, how anybody feels about it, why people react the way they do to sounds and tunes that they love? It’s just nope – I won’t say it again! The reason I’ve used this song title is not only because it was one of my favourites when I was a child but it is so relevant to the subject it is uncanny!

I don’t actually remember the first time I came in contact with music – It’s been there for me all my life. But I do remember the problems I had when I was a little boy and I sung in front of hundreds and was bullied for it at school (but that’s a completely different story!) And yep! Like most kids I played the recorder but the teacher never let me play in the “top group” because I couldn’t read music properly.

But I also remember the first time I had the opportunity to learn something that was different from the other kids at school – to put my mind off of singing and the petty childish taunts (you know things like “LA LA LAAAAAAAH! Being screamed in my ear constantly etc!) I started to learn to play the keyboard. I didn’t realise what a land marking day that was when my parents signed me up to start Keyboard lessons at a demonstration in our local shopping centre – hey I was only 5 years old at the time! All through this time I was learning to play the keyboard I couldn’t read music – until I was about 10 years old.

So why and how DOES music play such an important part in our everyday lives?

….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

M is for Muse

Well, music inspires us doesn’t it! And although some of us have the musical ability of a rattlesnake it influences us, comforts us, entertains us and motivates us! We can see that in the music section with opinions such as “My Top Ten List”, “Artists” and well um, this one!

So what has music inspired me to do? Well – study music for a start. But its not just music that inspires us – other things and people contribute towards it as well.

Firstly – my parents! There was one time when I was going to give up on music –not ever play again, all because of one incident, which i wont go into detail on. My Mum and Dad have been there for me every step of the way and that has really encouraged me to do things that I’d never have dreamed of that one night when I just wanted to give up! The very important and special thing that they did was to not push me into anything – apart from make me play in front of my Grandma and Grandad etc. This was soooooooo important or else I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did – and I would have found it a chore any other way!

U is for Uplifting

Music either lifts you up or brings you down. But most importantly – it can change your mood – And maybe even your own perception on the world! Now people get some feeling of emotion in many different ways through music – it’s so emotive.

Its like when you go out and hear music that you absolutely adore – not only because of the atmosphere – but how it makes you feel. There are so many styles, atmospheres, tunes and artists to choose from that can completely change the way we feel.

Being on a dance-floor in a club filled with hundreds of like-minded people is one of the most exhilarating feelings ever. But its not just being there with those people – it’s the music that takes you higher and higher. Think trance music – think the Euphoric melody that takes you away to another place and everyone else there understands exactly how you feel when that certain tune is pulsating the beloved stereo system. Think funky house music – where everyone is so up for it that the only two bar staff are literally dancing on the tables rather than serve drinks when the track of the decade comes on (and the music just distracts everyone from that minor point!). And when the DJ decides to pause for a second everyone is still dancing and jumping about just waiting for the next funky beat to devour!

Couples have “their song” as well. However – when relationships don’t work out these songs can bring back memories we’d rather forget.

But I can’t describe the feeling that you get when you finish a solo in front of hundreds and get ONE MASSIVE APPLAUSE! Its like a thousand adrenalin rushes all at one time – I always end up shaking more after playing rather than before it! Think how artists like Madonna and Robbie Williams feel doing it for a living –now that would be amazing!

S is for Social

But most importantly music is a social thing. It’s a gift that you can decide to share or keep in your bedroom. And music teaches us social skills – how to be tactful (when someone’s playing is so awful but you can’t tell them that – its too harsh isn’t it?), how to take control (conducting etc) and just basically how to get along with others you’d never dream of getting along with! Belonging to a band or a musical group is one of the best experiences you can have the opportunity to have! You get to meet more like-minded people and have the chance to make some fantastic friends.

I is for Independence and Individuality

Although everyone works together as a team, as a whole unit – every musician in that group is first and foremost an individual – and this shines through in their music. Every note that is played, touched, blown – or maybe not played, touched or blown distinguishes that player as an individual person. And as you meet new and different people your own views and social perceptions develop!

C is for Creativity

Creativity isn’t just writing music- its playing it, its listening and imagining to it! I enjoy composing (like the many other millions out there!) and that’s one of the most creative things a person can do. I started to compose a load of dance tunes on my keyboard and computer (and still do when I find the time!) but I never showed anybody these – apart from my mum! I’m too embarrassed to! And even when I'm at university I really feel on edge whenever people hear the beginnings of my compositions (even more so when they're done!) I think its because composing is such a personal thing - it comes from yourself - from your heart and it displays to others your ideas, feelings and emotions towards the music. So if anyone says anything nasty towards it then it can really hurt the composer (so be tactful next time you hear a new composition and hate it!)

But music is there to be created and performed. If it weren’t then well… we wouldn’t have any would we?

So that’s it! (At last I hear you all mutter under your voices.) I love music! It’s my life! Its SUPERCALIFRADGILISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS! And if any of you have children out there (OK a long way off for a lot of us!) – give them the opportunity to learn it! Even if it might be a “faze” or they get bored with it – at least they have had the chance. But PLEASE, don’t force them into it – music is to be enjoyed not treated like a chore! Music is one of the best gifts my parents could have ever given me (as well as life!) and I love them as much as this subject! I don’t know what I want to do in the future, but I know without music I’d be lost.

So when the cat has caught your tongue there’s no need for dismay – just summon up this word and then you’ve got a lot to say. But better use it carefully or it could change your life… Ahem – any examples? Answers on a postcard please :-)
Sun 25/11/01 at 17:07
Regular
get laid more like it
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:26
Get a hobby!
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:57
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Sorry about that outburst! Its just – no word can explain music, how anybody feels about it, why people react the way they do to sounds and tunes that they love? It’s just nope – I won’t say it again! The reason I’ve used this song title is not only because it was one of my favourites when I was a child but it is so relevant to the subject it is uncanny!

I don’t actually remember the first time I came in contact with music – It’s been there for me all my life. But I do remember the problems I had when I was a little boy and I sung in front of hundreds and was bullied for it at school (but that’s a completely different story!) And yep! Like most kids I played the recorder but the teacher never let me play in the “top group” because I couldn’t read music properly.

But I also remember the first time I had the opportunity to learn something that was different from the other kids at school – to put my mind off of singing and the petty childish taunts (you know things like “LA LA LAAAAAAAH! Being screamed in my ear constantly etc!) I started to learn to play the keyboard. I didn’t realise what a land marking day that was when my parents signed me up to start Keyboard lessons at a demonstration in our local shopping centre – hey I was only 5 years old at the time! All through this time I was learning to play the keyboard I couldn’t read music – until I was about 10 years old.

So why and how DOES music play such an important part in our everyday lives?

….

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

M is for Muse

Well, music inspires us doesn’t it! And although some of us have the musical ability of a rattlesnake it influences us, comforts us, entertains us and motivates us! We can see that in the music section with opinions such as “My Top Ten List”, “Artists” and well um, this one!

So what has music inspired me to do? Well – study music for a start. But its not just music that inspires us – other things and people contribute towards it as well.

Firstly – my parents! There was one time when I was going to give up on music –not ever play again, all because of one incident, which i wont go into detail on. My Mum and Dad have been there for me every step of the way and that has really encouraged me to do things that I’d never have dreamed of that one night when I just wanted to give up! The very important and special thing that they did was to not push me into anything – apart from make me play in front of my Grandma and Grandad etc. This was soooooooo important or else I would not have enjoyed it as much as I did – and I would have found it a chore any other way!

U is for Uplifting

Music either lifts you up or brings you down. But most importantly – it can change your mood – And maybe even your own perception on the world! Now people get some feeling of emotion in many different ways through music – it’s so emotive.

Its like when you go out and hear music that you absolutely adore – not only because of the atmosphere – but how it makes you feel. There are so many styles, atmospheres, tunes and artists to choose from that can completely change the way we feel.

Being on a dance-floor in a club filled with hundreds of like-minded people is one of the most exhilarating feelings ever. But its not just being there with those people – it’s the music that takes you higher and higher. Think trance music – think the Euphoric melody that takes you away to another place and everyone else there understands exactly how you feel when that certain tune is pulsating the beloved stereo system. Think funky house music – where everyone is so up for it that the only two bar staff are literally dancing on the tables rather than serve drinks when the track of the decade comes on (and the music just distracts everyone from that minor point!). And when the DJ decides to pause for a second everyone is still dancing and jumping about just waiting for the next funky beat to devour!

Couples have “their song” as well. However – when relationships don’t work out these songs can bring back memories we’d rather forget.

But I can’t describe the feeling that you get when you finish a solo in front of hundreds and get ONE MASSIVE APPLAUSE! Its like a thousand adrenalin rushes all at one time – I always end up shaking more after playing rather than before it! Think how artists like Madonna and Robbie Williams feel doing it for a living –now that would be amazing!

S is for Social

But most importantly music is a social thing. It’s a gift that you can decide to share or keep in your bedroom. And music teaches us social skills – how to be tactful (when someone’s playing is so awful but you can’t tell them that – its too harsh isn’t it?), how to take control (conducting etc) and just basically how to get along with others you’d never dream of getting along with! Belonging to a band or a musical group is one of the best experiences you can have the opportunity to have! You get to meet more like-minded people and have the chance to make some fantastic friends.

I is for Independence and Individuality

Although everyone works together as a team, as a whole unit – every musician in that group is first and foremost an individual – and this shines through in their music. Every note that is played, touched, blown – or maybe not played, touched or blown distinguishes that player as an individual person. And as you meet new and different people your own views and social perceptions develop!

C is for Creativity

Creativity isn’t just writing music- its playing it, its listening and imagining to it! I enjoy composing (like the many other millions out there!) and that’s one of the most creative things a person can do. I started to compose a load of dance tunes on my keyboard and computer (and still do when I find the time!) but I never showed anybody these – apart from my mum! I’m too embarrassed to! And even when I'm at university I really feel on edge whenever people hear the beginnings of my compositions (even more so when they're done!) I think its because composing is such a personal thing - it comes from yourself - from your heart and it displays to others your ideas, feelings and emotions towards the music. So if anyone says anything nasty towards it then it can really hurt the composer (so be tactful next time you hear a new composition and hate it!)

But music is there to be created and performed. If it weren’t then well… we wouldn’t have any would we?

So that’s it! (At last I hear you all mutter under your voices.) I love music! It’s my life! Its SUPERCALIFRADGILISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS! And if any of you have children out there (OK a long way off for a lot of us!) – give them the opportunity to learn it! Even if it might be a “faze” or they get bored with it – at least they have had the chance. But PLEASE, don’t force them into it – music is to be enjoyed not treated like a chore! Music is one of the best gifts my parents could have ever given me (as well as life!) and I love them as much as this subject! I don’t know what I want to do in the future, but I know without music I’d be lost.

So when the cat has caught your tongue there’s no need for dismay – just summon up this word and then you’ve got a lot to say. But better use it carefully or it could change your life… Ahem – any examples? Answers on a postcard please :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.