GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"cuteftp"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 13:48
Regular
Can someone help me with the transfer, everything seems alright, but it keeps saying "Permission Denied" when I try and transfer the queue, allthe files are in place, i've got the index.htm there, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Thu 09/09/10 at 11:48
Regular
heres a taster of the evening:-

The only straight in the village.

I once was asked, most courteously, if I would like to be
Included in a group of friends for a sort of 'birthday tea'!
Now, making friends has always been a thing I love to do
But in this case, I was to bite off more than I could chew!

I knew my friend was a lesbian, fine, just different points of view,
But what I didn't realise was the group of friends were too!
Trying to appear quite streetwise but des-per-ately failing,
I might have given off wrong vibes but no one was complaining!

The lady sitting next to me breathed in my ear to say
"I hope you wouldn't mind if I ask but, do I presume you're gay?"
My head was nodding up and down call it a nervous twitch
But, being taken as a 'yes' this definately posed a hitch!

She eagerly then whipped out her phone to, no doubt, swap phone numbers.
So, whoops, at that point what to do? 'Cept just act dumb and dumber'!
I then got asked by someone else "How long had I been gay?"
That's when I felt I must point out that I wasn't quite that way!

Time to crawl out the hole I'd dug, they'd guess sooner or later,
Especially since my eyes kept straying to the hunky, suntanned waiter!
'Cos remember this, when said and done at the risk of sounding rude,
The issue here's not 'straight or gay' the important thing's the food!
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:28
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
My friend was having problems using CuteFTP and logging on to upload.

But in the end it was becuase, on AOL (his ISP) he had to be logged on to the master User (his dads) Internet Settings.
Wed 28/11/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The ISP on your index.htm page? That doesn't make sense, what do you mean?

As for walkthrough guides, any ISP worth its salt should have one. Go to http://www.freeola.com and http://www.freedom2surf.net/ and look for their support sections, you should find some around there.
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:53
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, I have another problem for you people, your all so kind, I thought i'd let you have the first hit at my problems, I don't need thanks :)

anyway, this problem is with ftping my site, my host says it's fine, they can upload anything, but since I have the aparent iq of a creature with a very low iq, this is a new world to me, and I have no map, + I failed Geography.

and so: aparently the isp on my index.htm page is not right, how do I change this + if anyone can tell me of a walkthrough guide thing for cuteftp 4.5 i'd be so very grateful, thanks in advance :)
Tue 27/11/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Try CHMODDING various things to 666.
Sat 24/11/01 at 23:38
Regular
"Wasting away"
Ok, I can send the files over to cgi-bin and that is what supanames says you need to send them over to. But nothing is happening, I can't get anything on the site. But if I try and send them over to bin it it says access denied. Stupid God damn thing.

I'm with http://supanames.co.uk and so far I'm not too G'damn impressed. Grrrrrrr.

*Goes off to shout abuse at them*
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:02
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
ok, thanks :)
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Erm, it looks like you've somehow changed the permission on the folder to deny you access. This, is a problem. You'd best contact your server and get them to put it right.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:48
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Can someone help me with the transfer, everything seems alright, but it keeps saying "Permission Denied" when I try and transfer the queue, allthe files are in place, i've got the index.htm there, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.