GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Converting Freeola connection from Anytime > Broadband"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/09/10 at 19:06
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Tomorrow I'm planning on signing up yet another Broadband customer to Freeola!

Normally I'm starting from scratch, this one I'm converting from a dialup 'Anytime' package. I haven't looked yet to see how this might work so perhaps you can give me some tips?

The customer already has their DD details in your system so I'm hoping it will be a painless move. Obviously I'll need to cancel the Anytime service while moving to ADSL.

I'll be opting for your free basic router - this worked great last time where you pre-installed the required user settings. Does this happen as standard?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm sure Warhunt said there was a 'Freeola Affiliate' scheme coming my way? Let me know if there's anything I need to do so that I don't miss out! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 08/09/10 at 19:06
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Tomorrow I'm planning on signing up yet another Broadband customer to Freeola!

Normally I'm starting from scratch, this one I'm converting from a dialup 'Anytime' package. I haven't looked yet to see how this might work so perhaps you can give me some tips?

The customer already has their DD details in your system so I'm hoping it will be a painless move. Obviously I'll need to cancel the Anytime service while moving to ADSL.

I'll be opting for your free basic router - this worked great last time where you pre-installed the required user settings. Does this happen as standard?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm sure Warhunt said there was a 'Freeola Affiliate' scheme coming my way? Let me know if there's anything I need to do so that I don't miss out! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 08/09/10 at 19:48
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hi Freeola,
> Tomorrow I'm planning on signing up yet another Broadband
> customer to Freeola!

Thank You!

> Normally I'm starting from scratch, this one I'm converting from
> a dialup 'Anytime' package. I haven't looked yet to see how this
> might work so perhaps you can give me some tips?

In MyFreeola, select the Dial Connection settings option, and you'll see an 'Upgrade to Broadband button'. This will take you through cancelling the anytime and setting up the BB.

> The customer already has their DD details in your system so I'm
> hoping it will be a painless move. Obviously I'll need to cancel
> the Anytime service while moving to ADSL.

The DD details will be fine for the regular monthly BB subscription payments, but you'll need card details handy to sort out the activation fee, and first month of the BB.

> I'll be opting for your free basic router - this worked great
> last time where you pre-installed the required user settings.
> Does this happen as standard?

If you select the free router option, we'll send it out ready to go for you. We do this for every router that's sent out, whether it's a new activation or purchased via the Shop.

> Thanks in advance.

Same to you!

> PS. I'm sure Warhunt said there was a 'Freeola Affiliate'
> scheme coming my way? Let me know if there's anything I need to
> do so that I don't miss out! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

I'll leave Warhunt to sort this out for you!
Thu 09/09/10 at 08:34
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for all of that Numnut, sounds fine.

I'll let you know if I get stuck.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 10/09/10 at 09:06
"Are you sure?"
Just to update.

Upgrade from 'Freeola Anytime' > 'Freeola Broadband' appeared to go fine thanks.

The only hiccup was where all the bank details for the DD were removed as the process started off a new DD for the new service which is fair enough. We didn't have the details to hand so if I had known this I might have been able to display the current DD to view the required details before it was removed.

But it's the only hiccup and I can see why the DD would have to be setup from scratch for the new service. We can update the payment methods in MyFreeola when the bank details are to hand.
------------------------------------------------

Re. Freeola Affiliate.
I'm not sure if Warhunt reads the techie forum these days to see my earlier comment, so perhaps any Freeola staffie can pick it up?

It really would be nice to have some incentive to signup new Broadband customers to Freeola - lots of ISPs offer this and it's been hinted at a couple of times in the past.

Has there been any movement on this?
Thanks.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 10/09/10 at 09:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I have mentioned it to the relevant Freeola colleagues but it really is not my place to say about schemes and incentives (other than chat and gaming specifics).

I'll nudge them again for you.
Fri 10/09/10 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
Thanks Warhunt.

You know I love Freeola so I'm trying to ignore other providers Affiliate/Incentive offerings.

A while back you mentioned (in GC) "something that would even make me go wow" that was coming up. Did that happen or did I miss it?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 13/09/10 at 18:51
"Are you sure?"
The owner of this new Freeola Broadband connection has just received a Direct Debit mandate through the post.

Am I right in assuming if we've already completed the online DD details when ordering the connection we can ignore this?

Thanks,
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 14/09/10 at 14:20
Staff
"Look! There's a..."
If you've set up the DD online, then that will be absolutely fine. As a matter of course, every new broadband activation pack is sent out with a DD mandate form.

If you've already set up the DD online, then you can tear it up, make it in to a plane, or simply put it in the bin (or recycling)!
Tue 14/09/10 at 14:24
"Are you sure?"
Thanks for the reply.

Might be worth a note in with the paperwork - unless it's already there and it was missed?

I've made a hat!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 17/09/10 at 17:21
"Are you sure?"
Activation day to day - all went well and another punter enjoying Freeola Broadband! :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.