GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"LOOK! A TOPIC IN CAPITALS, I MUST CLICK ON IT IMMEDIATELY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/11/01 at 10:31
Regular
Why the fudge do you think putting a topic in capitals makes me any more likely to click on it? It probably makes me less likely to click it because 9/10 they contain utter crap. Even Tony's last topic in capitals contained utter (political) crap.

STOP IT!
Sat 24/11/01 at 20:28
Regular
Reload wrote:
> Define crap!!!

your tagline
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:42
grrrr. i got tricked. i thought this topic would be good because its in capitals.
Sat 24/11/01 at 16:11
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Define crap!!!
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:44
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
*Follows TBN's title advice*

*Clicks*

*Finds crap*

:o)
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:26
"period drama"
no-one takes nay notice of proper titles that explain what;s actualy in the topic.

"oh, look, that one looks interesting. But WOW! that ones in capitals! Lets Go!"

"Oh, that was crap, i'm off"
Sat 24/11/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Hoo Har"
A topic with lower case title seems more sensible, yet a topic with capitals seems more of a joke or not so serious.

Many people think capitals get your attention but most of the time there just annoying people!
But like Meka said, capitals sometimes need to be added to make a point, to shout, like Meka did when he wrote WHEN CONSOKES ATTACK!

He was applying that he was shouting.
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:45
Capitals do stand out i suppose,but still they get on my NERVE`S.
Sat 24/11/01 at 14:41
Regular
"not dead"
Capitals suggest shouting.

WHEN CONSOLES ATTACK!!!

must be said in a raised voice, because of the absolute horror of the situations in which it is used.

Don't understand?

Go seek the topic in Prime, read i, and you will see.

Sometime capitals are necessary.

BTW I'm glad you're all so busy deliberating whether topics that have all CAPITALS in their titles are any good or not, a really worthwhile discussion this one.

Top marks.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I sometimes read topics with capital leeters for titles. I'm not bothered by the title, whatever case it's in, as long as the topic is interesting and there is a reason for it.
Sat 24/11/01 at 13:23
Regular
"I dnt wnt a Tagline"
Well over 27,000 people have clicked on:

WORLDS LONGEST THREAD!!!!! Record attempt

and thats in capitals.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.