GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Premiership So Far...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 22:29
Regular
So far this year we've seen some very interesting games, news stories and league table positions and something that I think everyone, with exception to their fans, feels pleased about is that Manchester United aren't on top this season! It does make a good change and it's healthy for the game for a different team to be leading the pack, and so far it seems Liverpool are in the best position of the lot.

The Premiership so far has been full of incident, hundreds of complaints about referees and a fair few intriguing transfers going on here and there. Three managers have been given that dreaded vote of no confidence - out went Leicester's Peter Taylor, in came Dave Basset, Derby said goodbye to a very short staying Colin Todd and Southampton thought that ex sky blues boss Gordan Strachan would make a better go of things at their new stadium than poor old Stuart Gray. Incidentally, these three teams remain in the bottom five of the table...To be honest I think they're the most likely candidates for relegation.

West Ham have played in both of the highest scoring matches so far - losing convincingly 7-1 to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park, and drawing in an incredible game against Charlton in that London derby. West Ham are going to struggle this year, but I think they'll survive relegation - get a few decent results and be the most unpredictable team in the top flight - possibly having a fairly impressive cup run.

Liverpool stand a game in hand ahead of Leeds United, equal on points with Michael Owen proving that he's the best striker on Merseyside, Steven Gerrard has shown his world class and Mr Dudek has proven himself to be even better than the brillant Sanders Westerveld!! Leeds United are in second place, losing recently to Sunderland but have been very impresive so far - I think they'll be one of the four title contenders.

Arsenal and Manchester United have both been on a par with each other, neither team managing to quite keep up with the young squads of Liverpool and Leeds, but be sure of it - these two teams will be fighting for the title - and that makes up the 4 title challengers.

Chelsea aren't doing too badly either, although they've played appallingly in Europe, and therefore are out of the Uefa Cup, Aston Villa, a team to have been top this season are doing well too but David Ginola needs to be in the first team regularly - he's a brilliant player.

Tottenham and Sunderland are both playing excellent football - Peter Reid and Glenn Hoddle are very able and knowledgable managers and should guide their clubs into Europe I feel - both have solid teams too.

Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham, the three new sides are all doing very well, although Fulham is the only one of the group to not be in the top half of the table. Marcus Bent has left Blackburn to join the buzzing Ipswich who have recently beaten Italian Stalian's Inter Milan, although Ipswich aren't doing that well in the Premiership really.

Blackburn's David Dunn is the most likely newboy for the full England International world cup, and has scored some stunning goals this year, particulary against Arsenal. Michael Ricketts has been outstanding for Bolton Wanderers, and Louis Saha, well, what can you say - he's a world class striker!!

Charlton have gotten off to a slow start, Derby, Southampton, Ipswich are all doing sourly, Leicester will be lucky to survive and Middlesboro, Everton and Newcastle will most probably hover around mid table, although Newcastle have started positively in my opinion.

Surprises?

Ade Akinbiyi! He didn't score, then he did score, everyone loves him and he could be a contender for most muscley striker in the Premiership!!

Alan Shearer! Scored the winner against Man U and seems to be in his element on Tyneside - Wonderful!!

Tottenham - they look like they're the 'new Leeds' with a squad of young talent playing with a wealth of veteran quality = Teddy Sheringham, Poyet and the like - oh and they're actually playing exciting football! Come on you Spurs!!!

Manchester United NOT being top of the table and ten points clear!!

Laughable incidents? Anywhere Fabien Barthez is.

My Prediction?

Liverpool for the title.

Derby, Southampton and Leicester relegated.

Leeds runners up.
Arsenal and Manchester United in third/fourth.
Aston Villa, Tottenham and Chelsea making Europe.

Top Goalscorer? I reckon Saha, then Ricketts, Owen, Henry, then Van Nistelrooy.

Most goals? Gotta be Manchester United, and they'll conceed the most too.

Thanks for reading!!

Bandy!
Mon 26/11/01 at 17:07
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Yeah, Saha hasn't scored many at all. And how can Hasselbaink not be in the top three. I'd say more likely:
Henry
Owen (if he stays fit)
Hasselbaink
Sun 25/11/01 at 22:13
Man United lost again, Barthez better start paying attention.

Bad, bad, bad Barthez.
Sun 25/11/01 at 21:04
Regular
Bandy wrote:
> Goalscorer? I reckon Saha, then Ricketts, Owen, Henry, then Van
> Nistelrooy.

You do know Saha has only got 4 league goals this season right? Henry is way ahead with 12 i think.
Sun 25/11/01 at 16:13
Although Liverpool do seem to be in with the best chance at the moment.
Sat 24/11/01 at 00:27
I wouldn't rule United out just yet.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:29
So far this year we've seen some very interesting games, news stories and league table positions and something that I think everyone, with exception to their fans, feels pleased about is that Manchester United aren't on top this season! It does make a good change and it's healthy for the game for a different team to be leading the pack, and so far it seems Liverpool are in the best position of the lot.

The Premiership so far has been full of incident, hundreds of complaints about referees and a fair few intriguing transfers going on here and there. Three managers have been given that dreaded vote of no confidence - out went Leicester's Peter Taylor, in came Dave Basset, Derby said goodbye to a very short staying Colin Todd and Southampton thought that ex sky blues boss Gordan Strachan would make a better go of things at their new stadium than poor old Stuart Gray. Incidentally, these three teams remain in the bottom five of the table...To be honest I think they're the most likely candidates for relegation.

West Ham have played in both of the highest scoring matches so far - losing convincingly 7-1 to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park, and drawing in an incredible game against Charlton in that London derby. West Ham are going to struggle this year, but I think they'll survive relegation - get a few decent results and be the most unpredictable team in the top flight - possibly having a fairly impressive cup run.

Liverpool stand a game in hand ahead of Leeds United, equal on points with Michael Owen proving that he's the best striker on Merseyside, Steven Gerrard has shown his world class and Mr Dudek has proven himself to be even better than the brillant Sanders Westerveld!! Leeds United are in second place, losing recently to Sunderland but have been very impresive so far - I think they'll be one of the four title contenders.

Arsenal and Manchester United have both been on a par with each other, neither team managing to quite keep up with the young squads of Liverpool and Leeds, but be sure of it - these two teams will be fighting for the title - and that makes up the 4 title challengers.

Chelsea aren't doing too badly either, although they've played appallingly in Europe, and therefore are out of the Uefa Cup, Aston Villa, a team to have been top this season are doing well too but David Ginola needs to be in the first team regularly - he's a brilliant player.

Tottenham and Sunderland are both playing excellent football - Peter Reid and Glenn Hoddle are very able and knowledgable managers and should guide their clubs into Europe I feel - both have solid teams too.

Blackburn, Bolton and Fulham, the three new sides are all doing very well, although Fulham is the only one of the group to not be in the top half of the table. Marcus Bent has left Blackburn to join the buzzing Ipswich who have recently beaten Italian Stalian's Inter Milan, although Ipswich aren't doing that well in the Premiership really.

Blackburn's David Dunn is the most likely newboy for the full England International world cup, and has scored some stunning goals this year, particulary against Arsenal. Michael Ricketts has been outstanding for Bolton Wanderers, and Louis Saha, well, what can you say - he's a world class striker!!

Charlton have gotten off to a slow start, Derby, Southampton, Ipswich are all doing sourly, Leicester will be lucky to survive and Middlesboro, Everton and Newcastle will most probably hover around mid table, although Newcastle have started positively in my opinion.

Surprises?

Ade Akinbiyi! He didn't score, then he did score, everyone loves him and he could be a contender for most muscley striker in the Premiership!!

Alan Shearer! Scored the winner against Man U and seems to be in his element on Tyneside - Wonderful!!

Tottenham - they look like they're the 'new Leeds' with a squad of young talent playing with a wealth of veteran quality = Teddy Sheringham, Poyet and the like - oh and they're actually playing exciting football! Come on you Spurs!!!

Manchester United NOT being top of the table and ten points clear!!

Laughable incidents? Anywhere Fabien Barthez is.

My Prediction?

Liverpool for the title.

Derby, Southampton and Leicester relegated.

Leeds runners up.
Arsenal and Manchester United in third/fourth.
Aston Villa, Tottenham and Chelsea making Europe.

Top Goalscorer? I reckon Saha, then Ricketts, Owen, Henry, then Van Nistelrooy.

Most goals? Gotta be Manchester United, and they'll conceed the most too.

Thanks for reading!!

Bandy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.