GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sign of the times.................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 21:36
Regular
OK all you Sony lovers, it's about time you came back down to earth with a bang.
Sony this and Sony that, Playstation is number 1 etc.
Don't you think it's about time you see the light and see the conspiracy for what it is.
Sony is only number one because it's trendy to buy it's like oh you've got one so I must have one.

Wake up everyone you been brainwashed by all those ads on the box.

We all know if you want to play great games Nintendo and Sega rule, but because people follow trends they stick with the tried and tested and not the best.

Come on buy yourself a Dreamcast or wait for the gamecube.

Dreamcast is not dead, you can buy enough games cheap to last you a life time.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:19
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Crusher wrote:

I'm not having a go a playstation, but you take a look at
> most charts for the all time classic games and you will find at the top Mario,
> Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Pac-man, Space invaders, Sonic the Hedgehog but
> where is crash bandicot?

Ah, finally an interesting and topical point...

It is true that Zelda, Goldeneye and Mario 64 always seem to be in the top games ever list (in fact, these games gained the top 3 spots in EDGE's list!), but that says nothing about the whole console.

Sure that the N64 has had some absolutely brilliant games... but beyond the aformentioned games, how many other great (truely fantastic games) have there been? Not more than a dozen in total.

The same is true for the PSX- probably about a dozen brilliant games. There are games that rival the N64's top 3, however many of these were released after the N64 counterparts, and hence do not feature in top 3 lists.

In addition to this, it is important to remember that the PS was the console that made mass market gaming. Had it not been for Sony, gaming may still be a small time business with low budget products. Sony were also the first players to realise the importance of 3D gaming- prior to their entry Sega and Ninty had planned to release 2D based console... it wasn't until Sony released their specs that the others followed.

So don't say that Nintendo are bigger or better than Sony... both have played a huge part in the market.

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:10
monkey_man wrote:
> All consoles have games that define them. Maybe what made the Playstation stand
> out is that it didn't have a stupid hedgehog or a little Italian plumber, it
> just had class. The games are just getting better and better as well - It's
> like developers are putting effort in, or something. Imagine that, effort! Not
> plumbers!

If you want to be a Plumber it takes effort, all that pipe fitting and nut tightening.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:06
monkey_man wrote:
> Are you a Ninbendo rep? Now, I don't have a preference as to which company
> makes my console - it just happened to be that Sony made a relatively cheap,
> powerful and fun console. It had the best games around at the time and in my
> opinion, it still does. I've had a Megadrive, a NES, a gameboy and even a
> Spectrum, but my favourite of them all has been the Gaystation. And now what
> have Sony done? They've gone and released a much more powerful console that can
> play DVDs as well! Hats off to Sony I say. Most of the other consoles that
> competed against it lost out because they chose not to use CDs. Microbofs and
> Nintardo have both released new concoles, but they're more expensive. And as
> for cheap games, you can pick up most of them for about a tenner now anyway!
> The Playstation is just right, goddamit. How else would a company that had no
> experience in the gaming market wipe the floor with Nitendo, Sega, Atari and all
> the others who have had years of experience, It's because the Playstation is
> gaming greatness. The only advantage Dreamcast has is that you can play online.
> Sony have seen to that and you'll soon be able to go online with the PS1 and
> PS2. I'm not bias towards Sony. If they made a huge mistake, like going back
> to cartridges for example, I would look elsewhere for my gaming needs - but the
> playstation provides exactly what I want, Fun, Fun FUN!!! So with that, I'd
> like to see this thread turned into a shrine for playstations everywhere. Not
> through bias, but through respect for what the Playstation has done for gaming.
> May other consoles look up at it from the doldrums and weep at what they'll
> never become - a classic!

I'm not having a go a playstation, but you take a look at most charts for the all time classic games and you will find at the top Mario, Zelda, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Pac-man, Space invaders, Sonic the Hedgehog but where is crash bandicot?
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
All consoles have games that define them. Maybe what made the Playstation stand out is that it didn't have a stupid hedgehog or a little Italian plumber, it just had class. The games are just getting better and better as well - It's like developers are putting effort in, or something. Imagine that, effort! Not plumbers!
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
JaCeeUK wrote:
> SonicRav, I'd like to know, even some of the Notables are getting
> spam-o-ritas...
Me and a few others have found the real chat in WLT in Prime.

Apologies, but I honestly can't understand what you're saying. (honestly... I'm not being funny or anything!). WLT? Spam-o-ritas?

Anyway, Crusher, you have just proved my point. If you think that the PS2 games do not have consistancy or playablity, then how would you class the N64, a console that had spans of months between games being released? Have you actually played the latest batch of PS2 games? There are CONSISTANTLY a few titles every month that are absolutely genius!

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Are you a Ninbendo rep? Now, I don't have a preference as to which company makes my console - it just happened to be that Sony made a relatively cheap, powerful and fun console. It had the best games around at the time and in my opinion, it still does. I've had a Megadrive, a NES, a gameboy and even a Spectrum, but my favourite of them all has been the Gaystation. And now what have Sony done? They've gone and released a much more powerful console that can play DVDs as well! Hats off to Sony I say. Most of the other consoles that competed against it lost out because they chose not to use CDs. Microbofs and Nintardo have both released new concoles, but they're more expensive. And as for cheap games, you can pick up most of them for about a tenner now anyway! The Playstation is just right, goddamit. How else would a company that had no experience in the gaming market wipe the floor with Nitendo, Sega, Atari and all the others who have had years of experience, It's because the Playstation is gaming greatness. The only advantage Dreamcast has is that you can play online. Sony have seen to that and you'll soon be able to go online with the PS1 and PS2. I'm not bias towards Sony. If they made a huge mistake, like going back to cartridges for example, I would look elsewhere for my gaming needs - but the playstation provides exactly what I want, Fun, Fun FUN!!! So with that, I'd like to see this thread turned into a shrine for playstations everywhere. Not through bias, but through respect for what the Playstation has done for gaming. May other consoles look up at it from the doldrums and weep at what they'll never become - a classic!
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:46
SonicRav wrote:
> errrrr...

so you're saying that the PS2 doesn't have some cracking games that
> make it worth buying...

what's happening to these forums!

Sonic

of coarse they have some, but what I'm saying is they don't have consistantly good games and ones with playability.
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:45
Regular
"Hoo Har"
SonicRav, I'd like to know, even some of the Notables are getting spam-o-ritas...
Me and a few others have found the real chat in WLT in Prime.
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
errrrr...

so you're saying that the PS2 doesn't have some cracking games that make it worth buying...

what's happening to these forums!

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 21:36
OK all you Sony lovers, it's about time you came back down to earth with a bang.
Sony this and Sony that, Playstation is number 1 etc.
Don't you think it's about time you see the light and see the conspiracy for what it is.
Sony is only number one because it's trendy to buy it's like oh you've got one so I must have one.

Wake up everyone you been brainwashed by all those ads on the box.

We all know if you want to play great games Nintendo and Sega rule, but because people follow trends they stick with the tried and tested and not the best.

Come on buy yourself a Dreamcast or wait for the gamecube.

Dreamcast is not dead, you can buy enough games cheap to last you a life time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.