GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Wii talk"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/07 at 22:43
"possibly impossible"
Well, IGN certainly like Mario Strikers Charged.

Basically; all the bits that needed fixing in the GC version are fixed and all the new bits are excellent, including the very well put together Online play.

Review Here

Metroid 3 looks like it will have a summer release, good news, and we're waiting for SSB info.

So much stuff to add to the list of games, and that's not mentioning all the different recharging stations...
Sat 09/06/07 at 22:22
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Just ordered my Wii, should come on tuesday :)

I've got the Mario Strikers Charged Football game with it, so I can't see myself leaving my bedroom much in the next few weeks... except exams of course :( I was thinking of getting SSX Blur next, as i'm a massive fan of SSX (except SSX On Tour for PSP), although that's not gonna be for a while as i'm borrowing a lot of money to get the console. I've just seen a demo video of Pokemon: Battle Revolutions, which looks AWESOME, obviously theres SSBB soon to come (Anyone got a list of the characters?). There's also Crash of the Titans, the new Bandicoot game, don't know when that's released though (...Anyone?).
Wed 06/06/07 at 09:33
"possibly impossible"
I would have thought EA would release their cricket game on the Wii at some point (took a while for Tiger Woods to make it to the Wii).

I'm playing Elidees and Heatseeker a fair bit. I've got Mario Strikers too, the first online game, but haven't had time to play it so far.

Pangya gold comes out on friday, which should be fun and has a nice multiplayer mode with some minigames. Smash Bros looks like another good multiplayer too. Then there's Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy, Rayman Rabbids 2, NiGHTS, Manhunt 2, Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes, Tomb Raider Anniversary SE, Scarface: The World Is Yours, Fire Emblem, Dewy's Adventure...
Tue 05/06/07 at 19:13
"LOLLERSKATES!"
pb wrote:
> Some people loved it for a couple of weeks, then got bored,

Thats exactly why i'm very cautious about buying one. However, there looks like a lot of decent games are going to be released this year. A cricket game would swing it for me, I'd just have endless fun.
Tue 05/06/07 at 16:06
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
pb wrote:

> Some people loved it for a couple of weeks, then got bored

Have to say that sums up my Wii experiences pretty much. Wii sports and zelda were goo fun to play and still are for the odd few games now and then but there is very little these days that would make me switch on the wii instead of the 360.

Hopefully there will be more entertaining multiplayer games like wii sports(main reason I got a wii) cause at the moment there are no up-coming games that look anything special.
Mon 04/06/07 at 23:38
"possibly impossible"
If you love FPS games, forget it. If, on the other hand, you love Nintendo games and their quirky style, then it's perfect.

Some people loved it for a couple of weeks, then got bored, others, like me, still love it and play it as often as possible.

If you can try it out, I'd recommend playing someone elses for a month (on and off) and seeing if you're still interested after that. But then, I'd recommend that with the other 2 consoles as well.
Mon 04/06/07 at 18:51
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Is it worth buying a Wii? I've been using my cousins one a lot recently and it's a great thing to go and play, but I wasn't sure whether or not to get one.

If I was to get one, I'd get Wii Play (£35 with another controller free), SSX Blur, Mario Strikers, Pokemon Battle Revolution and Crash of the Titans and SSBB. I'm aware not all of those games are out yet, but being 16 I can only really get my mits on about £110 a month, just wondering it's a good console to buy or good as a thing to play on every now and then. I am considering getting a console as my DS and FM2007 are pretty much my only gaming experiences at the moment.
Tue 22/05/07 at 17:06
Regular
Screw Strikers, I want to play Pro online.
Tue 22/05/07 at 15:46
Regular
I have recieved a copy early and have put a review in the review section. It is amazing and just as good as all the hype. Lets face it thats a rare nintendo trait.
Tue 22/05/07 at 15:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
NGamer said it wasn't all that. I never really like the GC game anyway, it jus makes me want to play pro
Mon 21/05/07 at 22:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've had Mario Strikers on order for a while now. The review seems very positive and looking forward to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.