GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Countdown to Light Guns?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/04/03 at 15:58
Regular
Coming sometime in June (I think) to the PS2 is Starsky and Hutch, a game based on, obviously, the classic TV series.
A bit like some old game that might have been on Mega Drive (possibly even the original Spy Hunter, or a recent follow-up. It springs to mind, I could be very wrong. Anyway...), the game allows a 2-player co-operative mode where one drives the car, the other shoots stuff with a lightgun.

Starsky and Hutch looks like it'll be released on the gamecube too. SR have it listed for September (Though they also have Mario Kart listed for July, so take that with a pinch of salt).

Will 'our' Starsky and Hutch be stripped of the opportunity to use a light gun? Or will we soon get the chance to see Ninty revive another classic title and bring us Duck Hunt 2?

*crosses fingers*
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
If they do bring out light guns, they better relase a new dunk hunt game - complete with the dog in it. ;-)
Best. Lightgun game. Ever.
Thu 17/04/03 at 08:03
Regular
"past,present&future"
I've seen 2nd hand PS Namco Guns for around £10 in Game and other places quite often.
Wed 16/04/03 at 22:21
Regular
lol :^)

Pumpkinist wrote:
> Imagine Time Crisis Gamecube (for example) + gun = £50
> Mario Kart = £35
>
> Which one?

Had my eye on Ninja Assault + gun for £30...
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:32
Regular
"past,present&future"
Operation Desrt Storm! Now that could work as a light gun game.

They could add 'Friendly Fire' and 'Civilian' bonus rounds!
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:30
Regular
"past,present&future"
Mystique wrote:
> Duck Hunt...wasn't the light gun a bazooka? Overkill much?

No it was a hand gun.

The 'bazooka' was the scope on the Snes.
Wed 16/04/03 at 21:24
Regular
Duck Hunt...wasn't the light gun a bazooka? Overkill much?
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That would actualy be great.

If it worked, that would be the scariest and most exercising (er....yup) game ever.
Wed 16/04/03 at 20:12
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Imagine using the dancemat to duck and dodge enemy fire.
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Imagine Time Crisis Gamecube (for example) + gun = £50
Mario Kart = £35

Which one?
Wed 16/04/03 at 19:52
Regular
As much fun as you think light guns are they really aren't.

I waited for weeks in excitement to get hold of a light gun for my Dreamcast, when I eventually did it was fun for a few days but soon I realised what a waste of money it was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.