GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"22nd May Upgrading of Web Servers 3, 5, 6 and 9"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/05/07 at 21:18
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
I have just received this E mail from Freeola ref server upgrade-tommorow. Nothing at all on the status page (I check frequently) to make us aware of this forthcoming upgrade / potential problems !!!:

We are happy to inform you that we will shortly be upgrading Web Servers 3, 5, 6 and 9. This will increase capacity, tighten security and improve performance and means that you will benefit from better security for your web site, and you will be able to use PHP5 should you wish.

This upgrade will affect all web sites with sr usernames ending in the digits 3, 5, 6, and 9.

You should not notice any disruption on the day of the upgrade and the display of your website should be completely unaffected. It is possible that, for a very brief period while the upgrade takes place, you will not be able to upload to your web space via FTP. If this is the case, please try again in an hour when the upgrade should be complete.

While your site should be unaffected by this upgrade, it is possible that a very small number of users may find that their PHP scripts have been affected by the upgrade. If this is the case, please refer to our PHP support update.

Hope it doesn't cause the big Link to previous Freeola upgrade problems website vanishing problems and .php form to mail failures previously encountered when servers 0 & 1 were upgraded.

Fingers crossed for this one working OK lads. Dan
Tue 22/05/07 at 11:28
Regular
Can Freeola please update this thread to show which webservers have been upgraded as the work progresses?

My php form to mail script seems to have stopped working (server 2). I introduced this script due to the last spell of form to mail problems. No errors are being received and the script is still logging the messages in a dbase, but no emails are arriving.

No permissions are using 777 as advised in your update.

I've just tested a Freeola based form to mail script on server 2 and this hasn't arrived either - so I'm hoping the delay is while you are upgrading and I haven't got a 'proper problem'!

Thanks.

Just re-read things and it doesn't appear you are touching server 2 today!!! It was working fine up to yesterday, so it looks like there is a form to mail issue.
Tue 22/05/07 at 08:12
Regular
"Robert"
Unfortunately it has knocked out one of my websites that makes use of php and MySQL - and to add insult to injury I now have to phone their support line at 10p/minute.

Not a happy bunny!

Robert
Mon 21/05/07 at 21:18
Regular
"1 up on the DEVIL"
I have just received this E mail from Freeola ref server upgrade-tommorow. Nothing at all on the status page (I check frequently) to make us aware of this forthcoming upgrade / potential problems !!!:

We are happy to inform you that we will shortly be upgrading Web Servers 3, 5, 6 and 9. This will increase capacity, tighten security and improve performance and means that you will benefit from better security for your web site, and you will be able to use PHP5 should you wish.

This upgrade will affect all web sites with sr usernames ending in the digits 3, 5, 6, and 9.

You should not notice any disruption on the day of the upgrade and the display of your website should be completely unaffected. It is possible that, for a very brief period while the upgrade takes place, you will not be able to upload to your web space via FTP. If this is the case, please try again in an hour when the upgrade should be complete.

While your site should be unaffected by this upgrade, it is possible that a very small number of users may find that their PHP scripts have been affected by the upgrade. If this is the case, please refer to our PHP support update.

Hope it doesn't cause the big Link to previous Freeola upgrade problems website vanishing problems and .php form to mail failures previously encountered when servers 0 & 1 were upgraded.

Fingers crossed for this one working OK lads. Dan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.