GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Greates Game Debate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
First of all, EVERYONE has different ideas of what makes a great game so just remember that when someone puts down 'Popstar Maker'. Who is to say who's right or wrong and everyone has there own opinion. Now, everyone gets one game, their favourite, puts it down then you take the mick out of everyone else's choice (totally contradicting my opening sentance) until you've insulted everyone that doesn't agree with you. I can't join in now 'cos I gotta go but my fave game EVER is The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past.
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:09
Regular
Mine would proberbly have to be GTA3 i know its only been out a month but ITS GREAT just play it

And nintendo fans ( resisted using the word ninty) play it and see how good a PS2 game like this is.
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:06
Regular
And one very good one. Also happens to be mine too.

Skies of Arcadia coming out on PS2 and Gamecube, and sequels on the way too. I am pleased.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mine has to be Skies of Arcadia

LOZ came out on the N64, which is a great shame because graphically it had potential, and the userbase just wasn't old enough to appreciate it. Whilst not having one of the most thrilling storylines in RPGs it had the makings of a good game. Just think what Sony could have done with it. Anyhow, it was a shame that such a great idea such as LOZ got wickered down to a substandard RPG that hurt your eyes with prolonged play.

Goldeneye, again came out on the N64, so was doomed from the start to be lauded as 'the greatest game ever', but only by Nintys, and probably because it was the first release by Nintendo that allowed you to shoot something and actually hurt it instead of bouncing on its head with a rabbit then ricocheting off a mushroom for the finishing padded-paw blow.

Final Fantasy IX, of course, is another sequel. No matter what the storyline, you've got the same old same old; incessant levelling up of characters, cumbersome skill learning feature, and yet again a card game that's so bad you'd have more fun learning bridge with your granny.

All in all, 3 very bad choices there for 'my favourite game ever'.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:34
My favorite games have to be fottie games, I know thats abit boring but the replay factor is there.
How many times do you actually play agame once you have completed it? not many if any.
Multiplayer games are fab, I could play Goldeneye for ages with abunch of mates.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:25
My favourite game everhas gottta be Final Fantasy 9.
It is full of great idea`s,and the storyline`s cool
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:21
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
First of all, EVERYONE has different ideas of what makes a great game so just remember that when someone puts down 'Popstar Maker'. Who is to say who's right or wrong and everyone has there own opinion. Now, everyone gets one game, their favourite, puts it down then you take the mick out of everyone else's choice (totally contradicting my opening sentance) until you've insulted everyone that doesn't agree with you. I can't join in now 'cos I gotta go but my fave game EVER is The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.