GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo will reign once more."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/08/00 at 22:18
Regular
Think, just for a minute or two. Good, now UNDERSTAND that Sega have a great console here with the potential for it to succeed this Xmas or collapse - which it could well do. No think that Sony have messed up for real with the pricing and availability of Playstation2 - There's no way that the mainstream audiences will pay £300 for the console alone - and £30 for a memory card, and who knows what for a game. Maybe Sega will survive due to Sony's ruthlessness and maybe they won't - maybe Sony won't survive. Who knows? One thing that I know, along with a hell of a lot of people, is that Nintendo ARE in the strongest position of them all - and they know it. Giving very little away about their new console and raking in hoards of cash from that franchise called Pokemon (you may have heard of it) and when the time is right you know/ they know that their console will deliver. Nintendo originally were the kings of video gaming (admittedly they were the first and only company at the point when they were kings) and brought us gaming revolutions like Mario (1,2,3,64 etc....) and.... Mario Kart etc. Well, OK, so Nintendo were and still are obsessed by their little Italian guy, but they gave us (sold us) FUN games - the kind that you always want to go back on and play again and again. And now they have the potential to do it All over again, and they will.
While Sony lose face over allegedly 'ripping off Britain' and promising more than they can handle, and while Sega re-launch their Dreamcast console, it seems to me that we'll all - young and old - be playing - experiencing more magic from the masters.
You might agree or you might not. But that's MY thoughts.
Please reply,
I’d like to hear what you think
Daniel Salway
Mon 21/08/00 at 22:26
NE1 from Glasgow aswell?
Mon 21/08/00 at 22:20
Dan wrote:
> Think, just for a minute or two. Good, now UNDERSTAND that Sega
> have a great console here with the potential for it to succeed
> this Xmas or collapse - which it could well do. No think that Sony
> have messed up for real with the pricing and availability of
> Playstation2 - There's no way that the mainstream audiences
> will pay £300 for the console alone - and £30 for a
> memory card, and who knows what for a game. Maybe Sega will
> survive due to Sony's ruthlessness and maybe they won't
> - maybe Sony won't survive. Who knows? One thing that I know,
> along with a hell of a lot of people, is that Nintendo ARE in the
> strongest position of them all - and they know it. Giving very
> little away about their new console and raking in hoards of cash
> from that franchise called Pokemon (you may have heard of it) and
> when the time is right you know/ they know that their console will
> deliver. Nintendo originally were the kings of video gaming
> (admittedly they were the first and only company at the point when
> they were kings) and brought us gaming revolutions like Mario
> (1,2,3,64 etc....) and.... Mario Kart etc. Well, OK, so Nintendo
> were and still are obsessed by their little Italian guy, but they
> gave us (sold us) FUN games - the kind that you always want to go
> back on and play again and again. And now they have the potential
> to do it All over again, and they will.
> While Sony lose face over allegedly 'ripping off
> Britain' and promising more than they can handle, and while
> Sega re-launch their Dreamcast console, it seems to me that
> we'll all - young and old - be playing - experiencing more
> magic from the masters.
> You might agree or you might not. But that's MY thoughts.
> Please reply,
> I’d like to hear what you think
> Doh! My real name Doh! Doh!
Don't worry though. I'm not scared
Mon 21/08/00 at 22:18
Think, just for a minute or two. Good, now UNDERSTAND that Sega have a great console here with the potential for it to succeed this Xmas or collapse - which it could well do. No think that Sony have messed up for real with the pricing and availability of Playstation2 - There's no way that the mainstream audiences will pay £300 for the console alone - and £30 for a memory card, and who knows what for a game. Maybe Sega will survive due to Sony's ruthlessness and maybe they won't - maybe Sony won't survive. Who knows? One thing that I know, along with a hell of a lot of people, is that Nintendo ARE in the strongest position of them all - and they know it. Giving very little away about their new console and raking in hoards of cash from that franchise called Pokemon (you may have heard of it) and when the time is right you know/ they know that their console will deliver. Nintendo originally were the kings of video gaming (admittedly they were the first and only company at the point when they were kings) and brought us gaming revolutions like Mario (1,2,3,64 etc....) and.... Mario Kart etc. Well, OK, so Nintendo were and still are obsessed by their little Italian guy, but they gave us (sold us) FUN games - the kind that you always want to go back on and play again and again. And now they have the potential to do it All over again, and they will.
While Sony lose face over allegedly 'ripping off Britain' and promising more than they can handle, and while Sega re-launch their Dreamcast console, it seems to me that we'll all - young and old - be playing - experiencing more magic from the masters.
You might agree or you might not. But that's MY thoughts.
Please reply,
I’d like to hear what you think
Daniel Salway

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.