GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Film Wrong"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 17:52
Regular
Why is it that movie games are so poor? Take Lord of the Rings, an amazing story and film, but the game is awful. Alright, it might have some movie clips and alright graphics, but there's a lack of creativity (only one-player) and it's far too easy to complete. You'd think that the creators could do a better job with such a huge license. It's not just Lord of the Rings; it's other movie games as well like all the Star Wars titles, Antz Racing, Minority Report and lots more. What's happening?
Fri 25/04/03 at 18:13
Regular
"I rule"
Hi again!
Fri 18/04/03 at 21:59
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
wrote:
> One thing that looks strange is the way the characters run and I have a feeling that this is just the start of the problems and it is easy to see from the few videos they have released. The indoor areas also look very similar as the characters move from room to room. The biggest problem I fear will be with the repetitiveness and how bullet time will keep the game alive where everything else fails.

Well yea the characters run pretty funky, but they do that in the film too.

I was impressed with the fight animation more than anything, it was very fluid. As you say, variety will be needed. Whent he matrix is released next month and becomes the biggest film ever, the game will sell even if its a pile of junk so the developers can afford to be sloppy. Sad but true.
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:23
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Watched the Enter The Matrix footage today and I reckon it's going to end up being pretty bad, certainly not brilliant, but I could be wrong.

Film licences are generally poor because developers know that a large enough amount of people will buy them even if the developer repackages a spectrum game onto a DVD and puts the film's title on the box.

Fact is that most film's shouldn't be made into games in the first place. Developers see guns and action in a film and decide "yay! game material" when most of the time they should leave well alone, Minority Report is a prime example of this. Having said that, the Jurassic Park game is great, if not totally chaotic at times. and Two Towers worked well also.
Fri 18/04/03 at 11:03
Regular
Daveus what does his age have to with it? Andrew is just voicing his opinion and an opinion which I share with him. There is nothing wrong with his post, he isn't being a fanboy or putting any particular console down he is merely voicing his opinion and films that have been turned into video games.
Fri 18/04/03 at 09:31
Regular
"BOSE"
look, you've obveously 13 or something because you're calling yourself Andrew1990. you're 13. what do you know? they've only made a couple of Star Wars films onto game, not all of them. Two Towers is a great game, period. find it easy do you? increase the skill level.
Fri 18/04/03 at 01:56
Regular
It looks very good but I have a feeling that it will turn out to be yet 'another' film to game port. One thing that looks strange is the way the characters run and I have a feeling that this is just the start of the problems and it is easy to see from the few videos they have released. The indoor areas also look very similar as the characters move from room to room. The biggest problem I fear will be with the repetitiveness and how bullet time will keep the game alive where everything else fails. I hope I am wrong with this as the game does look very good and the slow motion fight sequences so far shape up VERY nicely. Not long to go until the first reviews hit the net so fingers crossed until then.
Thu 17/04/03 at 23:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
We can at least hope for now. So far it DOES look good. Fingers crossed eh ? ;-)
Thu 17/04/03 at 23:19
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Enter the Matrix looks set to break this rule of thumb.

The video for it in OXM is impressive. The fighting animation seamed top notch and fluid, along with the graphics and sound. The FMV cutsceane to start the clip was also of Final Fantasy(the movie) quality.

Looks good.
Thu 17/04/03 at 21:44
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Basically, a popular film license is bought (most often a much anticipated film), a shoddy abomination of a game is thrown together maybe with a few clips of the movie chucked in, the film name is stamped on the box and it is then put on the shelves to attract people coming out of the cinema (all in the mood to play a game of the film) into buying a big piece of crap.
Loads of people fall for this and thus the piece of cack sells very well.
Thu 17/04/03 at 17:52
Regular
"I rule"
Why is it that movie games are so poor? Take Lord of the Rings, an amazing story and film, but the game is awful. Alright, it might have some movie clips and alright graphics, but there's a lack of creativity (only one-player) and it's far too easy to complete. You'd think that the creators could do a better job with such a huge license. It's not just Lord of the Rings; it's other movie games as well like all the Star Wars titles, Antz Racing, Minority Report and lots more. What's happening?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.