GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Any one taking spanish at gcse or A level??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
Does anyone taking spanish at GCSE or A level agree that the Edexcel exam system for languages is poo!? I can speak pretty good spanish, but it comes to the exams and most people do bad! The exams consist of stupid stupid exercises that seem pointless...you take a language to learn the language...nobody is going to go there, grab any random spaniard and fill in a task sheet about little homeless pablo and his dog! Or really ennoy some latino by copying what his saying using different words!

...and if anyone has any handy revision tips for spanish...HELP!!!
Thu 17/04/03 at 18:32
Regular
"Light of the world"
Does anyone taking spanish at GCSE or A level agree that the Edexcel exam system for languages is poo!? I can speak pretty good spanish, but it comes to the exams and most people do bad! The exams consist of stupid stupid exercises that seem pointless...you take a language to learn the language...nobody is going to go there, grab any random spaniard and fill in a task sheet about little homeless pablo and his dog! Or really ennoy some latino by copying what his saying using different words!

...and if anyone has any handy revision tips for spanish...HELP!!!
Thu 17/04/03 at 19:52
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I'll be choosing Spanish as a compulsary language if I get into 6th Form.

Better than Russian or 'Chinese' though.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Light of the world"
mmm...it well hard A level...b prepared for a big jump. But i just think it b kool to speak a language fluently
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:18
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Hercules! wrote:
> Better than Russian

Russian > you
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Light of the world"
why would anyone ever want to speak chinese???
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:22
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
If they wanted to go to China? Work for the Chinese Travel Service? Because it's an interesting and challenging language?
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:25
Regular
"Light of the world"
yes...but my friend is chinese he said its pointless. He is learning! He said how there are thousands of symbols and hundreds of different chinese languages that if they travelled to different area they would resort to speaking english anyway!
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:26
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Lil ginge wrote:
> mmm...it well hard A level...b prepared for a big jump. But i just
> think it b kool to speak a language fluently

Try English for a start.
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:27
Regular
"Light of the world"
....i do..english literature and language thankyou :)
Thu 17/04/03 at 20:34
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Well in that case could you try and learn how to use the language.

You seem to have a tendency to leave out random words here and there. And stop using text-talk.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.