GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should Pokemon have better animation?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 13:52
Regular
I believe that pokemon does not need better animation as part of the magic is in the simple, original style. The storylines are very, very imaginitive and sometimes even emotional in the case of Pokemon the Movie 1. Although the animation could easily be improved without much cost, it is only "pokemon" because of this amateuresque animation. If this was to be changed then so would the look of the
characters. Do you think this is worth it?
Fri 23/11/01 at 13:52
I believe that pokemon does not need better animation as part of the magic is in the simple, original style. The storylines are very, very imaginitive and sometimes even emotional in the case of Pokemon the Movie 1. Although the animation could easily be improved without much cost, it is only "pokemon" because of this amateuresque animation. If this was to be changed then so would the look of the
characters. Do you think this is worth it?
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:36
I think the animation is fine the movie animation though is top.

Sign up for the pokémon tournament in the pokemon forum there are 6 places left so hurry!!!!!!!!!!
Sun 25/11/01 at 20:42
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Is N3MISIS insane. Of course Pokemon needs better animation. And what's this rubbish about magic. What the hell are you on about. P.S. I hate Pokemon.
Tue 27/11/01 at 13:47
P.S I hate pokemon too and i was just taking the rip out of Poke people
Tue 27/11/01 at 18:23
I think the question should be "is it possible for the animation to be any worse?"

The answer?

Er.... no.

www.antipokemon.biz
Sat 01/12/01 at 18:28
The animation sux. The people's jaws just move up and down. They don't even make the O shape with their lips.
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:14
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Its all a matter of time. It would take far longer to animate the episodes/films if they improved the quality instantly. So the quality does change over time, the more recent episodes do not look as ropey as the first episodes, its a natural progression. You just have too look at the first simpsons animations (from the tracey ullman show) then compare them to the first episodes then compare those to the most recent ones. Its the same with southpark, first they would animate the whole thing with construction paper and now they use computers to make it look like its all done with the same construction paper.
Sat 01/12/01 at 22:37
Please do not mention The Simpsons in the same paragraph as Pokemon. It's an insult to creative minds everywhere.
Tue 04/12/01 at 00:53
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I'm not actually comparing like with like here. The simpsons has a much larger budget and it takes 6 months from start to finish to make an episode where as pokemon is not as high as quality show because it is made on a much smaller budget and they have to make the episodes quickly and in a large quantity so that they can keep up with the developments in the computer games.
Hence they are 2 completely different shows.
Tue 04/12/01 at 01:08
Quantity over quality?
Indeed so.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.