GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which gamecube game looks and will play best?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 11:21
Regular
I reckon rogue squadron2 will be the first recent Star Wars game to do Lucasarts proud(not including Rogue Squadron 1).It looks red hot with muchos eye candy for all and contains an impressive number of playable and non-playable craft.And all in all it still runs at an incredible 60fps.Which may I remind you compares to many games for many formats 24fps!
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I reckon rogue squadron2 will be the first recent Star Wars game to do Lucasarts proud(not including Rogue Squadron 1).It looks red hot with muchos eye candy for all and contains an impressive number of playable and non-playable craft.And all in all it still runs at an incredible 60fps.Which may I remind you compares to many games for many formats 24fps!
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:28
Regular
"DS..."
Its an amazing game.
slik ~_~
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:48
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that despite it's un-expected appearence, Zelda will definitley be one of the best games to play on the GameCube. If you've played the N64 versions, then you'll know how fantastic it is, and it should only be slightly diferent, by being BETTER!!!

I also think that Perfect Dark Zero (or whatever it'll be called) will be a great game to play on the GameCube. If you've played the N64 original, then you'll know how great it is, and why it is definitly one of the top 5 greatest first-person-shooters of all time, on any console!!! That's in my opinion anyway, and I'm bad at it!!!

Looking at viseo clips of Wave Race, it looks like it'll be one of the best looking GameCube titles. The movements on the water and background action looks fantastic!! And shows you don't need massive processers overloading your system, like the X-box. I also think that because of it's crtoony-ness, the Simpsons' Road Rage will be a great looking game. And fully enjoyable, especially if you love Crazy Taxi, also to be released on the GameCube.

There are bound to be many more games released on the GameCube that you'll enjoy for it's visual and physical elements. Just like the Resident Evil series when they're ALL eventually released. For now, all I can say is enjoy your N64 while you wait!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:43
Regular
"Whatever!"
Definately Star Wars Rogue Leader - Then I would say Starfox Adventures!! That looks amazing and its by Rare so should be a classic!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:46
Luigi's haunted mansion is brilliant and i've seen in in motion and its Brilliant!! It is so cool and you have a little torch and stuff. It looks class!!!!
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I've been looking at video on cube.ign.com and some of the gamecube footage looks better than the x-box footage i've seen.Kameo looks all right, but my favourite is still Rogue Squadron:Rogue Leader.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Rogue Leader is by far one of the best looking games on all next-gen consoles.Xbox Halo is meant to be good though.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:48
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I prefer the look to Luigi's Mansion to Rogue Squadron 2. Don't get me wrong, Rogue Squadron 2 does indeed look gorgeous, but it suffers from a certain degree of slow-down from time to time, more notably on the Hoth Stage.

Rogue Squadron 2 is good, but underneath the Star Wars exterior, it is just another shoot-em-up. Nothing ground-breaking, but good.

No, Luigi's Mansion I think is thee best looker on the Gamecube. Reason being, is that there are so many little touches you don't really notice on your first second or even third try through.

The ghosts look absolutely incredible, they have a translucent look to them, making them look, well, quite realistic I would imagine.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh, just to add; Luigi's Mansion plays very well and sucks you in (the punnage) from the start, making it albeit a relatively fun challenge.

Super Monkey Ball for me at least, is the best game on Gamecube right now. Plays like a dream, learning curve is perfect, it looks nice, over 100 floors and a heap of mini-games to keep you occupied, such as; Monkey Golf, Monkey Fight (Similar to Powerstone), Monkey Bowling, Monkey Target, Monkey Race etc.
Mon 14/01/02 at 16:48
Mario Sunshine looks the best, even if it has a crappy name. I mean, the official sequel to Mario 64, why not be excited.

Ruudy Boy

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.