GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which gamecube game looks and will play best?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 11:21
Regular
I reckon rogue squadron2 will be the first recent Star Wars game to do Lucasarts proud(not including Rogue Squadron 1).It looks red hot with muchos eye candy for all and contains an impressive number of playable and non-playable craft.And all in all it still runs at an incredible 60fps.Which may I remind you compares to many games for many formats 24fps!
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:52
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
even though we have to wait 2 years
i reckon mario sunshine
Tue 15/01/02 at 08:51
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Ah yes, there's a debate over the Edge Forums about this at the moment. The screenshots shown for Mario Sunshine *aren't* necessarily the *real* ones. Miyamoto-san said that he wasn't going to show the full-extent of the game as he didn't want competitors "stealing" his ideas.

In other words, expect the unexpected...
Mon 14/01/02 at 22:13
Couldn't agree more. Good point and well made.
Mon 14/01/02 at 18:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah it does. But the an official Mario 64 sequel really should've appeared on the N64! It would have lasted much longer with it!
Mon 14/01/02 at 16:48
Mario Sunshine looks the best, even if it has a crappy name. I mean, the official sequel to Mario 64, why not be excited.

Ruudy Boy
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Oh, just to add; Luigi's Mansion plays very well and sucks you in (the punnage) from the start, making it albeit a relatively fun challenge.

Super Monkey Ball for me at least, is the best game on Gamecube right now. Plays like a dream, learning curve is perfect, it looks nice, over 100 floors and a heap of mini-games to keep you occupied, such as; Monkey Golf, Monkey Fight (Similar to Powerstone), Monkey Bowling, Monkey Target, Monkey Race etc.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:48
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I prefer the look to Luigi's Mansion to Rogue Squadron 2. Don't get me wrong, Rogue Squadron 2 does indeed look gorgeous, but it suffers from a certain degree of slow-down from time to time, more notably on the Hoth Stage.

Rogue Squadron 2 is good, but underneath the Star Wars exterior, it is just another shoot-em-up. Nothing ground-breaking, but good.

No, Luigi's Mansion I think is thee best looker on the Gamecube. Reason being, is that there are so many little touches you don't really notice on your first second or even third try through.

The ghosts look absolutely incredible, they have a translucent look to them, making them look, well, quite realistic I would imagine.
Tue 08/01/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Rogue Leader is by far one of the best looking games on all next-gen consoles.Xbox Halo is meant to be good though.
Fri 07/12/01 at 13:02
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I've been looking at video on cube.ign.com and some of the gamecube footage looks better than the x-box footage i've seen.Kameo looks all right, but my favourite is still Rogue Squadron:Rogue Leader.
Fri 23/11/01 at 18:46
Luigi's haunted mansion is brilliant and i've seen in in motion and its Brilliant!! It is so cool and you have a little torch and stuff. It looks class!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.