GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube vs PS2 vs Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 11:17
Regular
My bet is gamecube, ps2 is technically the weakest party and has had no end of setbacks, gamecube is cheap has some great games such as rogue squadron which looks great and runs at a blistering 60 frames a second and I just don't trust Xbox, what's it gonna do "Xbox has performed an illegal operation at point 3_11eea please reboot and try again!
Sat 24/11/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Back For Good"
Why don't you people stop all this "will" talk, the gamecube will, the xbox will and start looking at what "does". The PS2 has already won the console war and has domiated everything, it's not the best hardware of the three but neither was the PS1. Get some facts instead of hopefull predictions.
Sat 24/11/01 at 12:37
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
My friend, stats aren't everything. Games make or break a console. The more good 'must have' games a console has the better it will sell. saying a console is better in terms of stats is pointless unless the console has the games to use that potential. I think GameCube will use its full potential. But then again I am a Ninty.

(The dominant race is the Nintys!)

;-)
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:25
Regular
"round the outside"
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:25
Its a bit obvious the gamecube is the best! It will win easily!!!
Fri 23/11/01 at 20:21
Regular
"smile, it's free"
slik wrote:
> Gamecube will win hands down, read the new CUBE magazine if you wan't to know
> why...
slik ~_~

Methinks that might be kind of biased. Rather like asking the head of Sony Marketing if their products are good value.
Fri 23/11/01 at 19:56
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I love Ninty and all, but realistically I don't think Ninty has won this round. I think GC will do better (much better) than N64, but I still think PS2 will be more popular, simply because it has a larger following ALREADY. People who had PSX are more likely to buy PS2 than another competitor.

However, many (not all though) PSX owners were casual gamers, making them very susceptible to hype, etc. so if GC gets enough hype and is cheap enough, it could win yet. Also Ninty are 'supposedly' targetting more casual audiences now.

Anyway GC will do well, PS2 will probably do a little better and Xbox is a bit of a wildcard. Xbox could go either way, really depends how Microsoft play it, and whether consumers get sucked up by the hype.
Fri 23/11/01 at 12:59
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Hey hey, Gamecube wins Hands Down...Easy :)

Ok, so the gamecube has won but whats the Battle Xbox Vs PS2?

Round 2: Xbox Vs PS2

I think that Xbox will win, even though the line up of the games don't get me started just yet...I think that Bill gates has few things that could change the way i think about XBox. Who Knows :D
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:58
Regular
"accidental superher"
i hope it's between x box and ps2....
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:21
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Gamecube shalt rule all thy kingdom and beyond.
Fri 23/11/01 at 11:18
Regular
"DS..."
Gamecube will win hands down, read the new CUBE magazine if you wan't to know why...
slik ~_~

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.