GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alcoholic Delights!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/11/01 at 10:29
Regular
Now, see, I know a lot of people here are too young to drink...

And that a lot of the older people arnt really into gargling with Kroney...

However, for the rest of you :) ...

There are times when you may go out to the pub, only to find, around 11ish, as they close their doors for the evening, that your funding fails to allow for further revelries...

This, often means, back to a mates house with a Doner or a curry for a few more bevvies (and/or...???) with a vid or console game or two to end the evening with...

Thing is...

Which are the ALL TIME best post-pub titles?

Which games can you and you mates happly lie, cheat, beg and steal through?

For me, a good post-pub title needs to fit certain criteria before its even booted...

Id say, obviously, that any game had to be multiplayer titles... trying to beat high scores on single player games is no fun... You dont want to be there watching some other guy play...

No PC titles... theres no fun sitting around a desk playing a game... you need to be stuck in the lounge, joypad in hand, on big comfy seats, lots of space, near the kitchen with plenty of platforms to hurredly store drinks of food on as your turn to play crops up... (No handhelds either... their far too small and fiddily late at night... besides, I want everyone to laugh at the failure of others :) )

Not too complicated and instant action... Left, Right, Up, Down and kill will do fine... I've had a few drinks, I dont want to spend the rest of the evening tactically guessing my opponents five moves ahead... I'm after tight, action packed gameplay where I can activly taunt other players, and rub it in their faces when I cross the finish line before them, or blow their heads off with a very large gun

For me, the never beaten classics have to be
(SNES) Mario Kart
(SNES) Street Fighter 2

A little SNES influences maybe...

(I had a Megadrive, but it didnt really have the multiplayer titles avalible, so it was mainly used as a door stop)

So how about you... which are THE games to play after a night at your local?

Which can you slam into your games box with the sure-fire knowledge that your gonna have a good laugh?
Wed 01/09/10 at 09:08
Regular
I.D theft is on the increase with our UK borders wide open British citizens are sitting ducks to foreign scammers. The way data is processed by companies that are supposed to be protecting our information supplied by us and then just posted on discs in an envelope is totally unacceptable. Who is to say, that same person who posted that information is not an impostor! If we are hiring people who on the face of it has been employed from let’s say India in some remote village that you can't even pronounce and need a boat to cross the river to check their references, are companies FULLY vetting applicants?

Why is it that we need Experian and Equifax to monitor our credit files?
Why is it that these same companies charge a monthly fee to monitor our files?
Should they not be giving this service as standard?
Hell NO are you insane they can make a fortune.....millions every year!

Please have a good day
Mon 26/11/01 at 14:17
Timesplitters while your drunk. Mental.

Almost as bad as Bowling while your drunk.
Mon 26/11/01 at 13:35
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Perfect dark would be a good drunk game, you wouldn't hit a single target.
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:44
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I tend to have pre bar games, because the bars shut at 2 am around here.
My friends and I play goldeneye, madden 2001, street fighter 2 before we go out.
Sun 25/11/01 at 19:27
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Your Honour wrote:
> Bomberman (SNES)

Bomberman! ... Good call man!
Sat 24/11/01 at 21:37
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Oh yeah, good idea for a topic. Suprised you didn't win game-a-day.
Sat 24/11/01 at 21:36
Regular
"Luck from Heaven"
Or something fast like, say, F-Zero X, or Wipeout.
Sat 24/11/01 at 20:45
Regular
"Fat Red-Capped Vale"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Goldeneye is the ultimate drunkards game.

Perfect Dark is better. However, sedatives and alcohol is probably a very sickly combination. Any shoot em' up or competitive is good post-booze up, as they are relaxing, but keep you on your toes at the same time. However, you must all consume the same ammount of alcohol to make it fair!

Firebalt.
Sat 24/11/01 at 19:37
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Goldeneye is the ultimate drunkards game.
Fri 23/11/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well Done your title got my attention :D

Too young for pub and usually too guttered or to hyper to play games...

ALthough the best games are fighting games... like err whitseits face...

You know nice 4 minute round with different mates, in which no skill is needed just hit your control pad randomly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.