GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Transferring Instant Pro to another account"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/10 at 11:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all,

I'm sure you are all aware that I will be off to university in a few weeks and as such have decided to quit being a "ghosthunter".

I am yet to approach the subject with the team I am with as to whether they would like to keep the website running (as in they take the helm - pay the bills etc. etc.) or if they would be happy to close the website down (as a student, to pay anything out that isn't directly vital is a pain).

Is there a way, just to provide them with as many options possible, to transfer my Instant Pro subscription to the Ghosts...and More website over to another account? Or would they have to build the site from scratch again (if they deem it important).

Don't worry about losing me as a customer - I am certainly going to come back with another idea to use. I just don't think I could afford the expense, or the time to keep two websites running!

Any advice or suggestions to alternatives would also be greatly appreciated (and there is no rush...my current domain has 3 months left to run...)
Tue 31/08/10 at 11:21
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hi all,

I'm sure you are all aware that I will be off to university in a few weeks and as such have decided to quit being a "ghosthunter".

I am yet to approach the subject with the team I am with as to whether they would like to keep the website running (as in they take the helm - pay the bills etc. etc.) or if they would be happy to close the website down (as a student, to pay anything out that isn't directly vital is a pain).

Is there a way, just to provide them with as many options possible, to transfer my Instant Pro subscription to the Ghosts...and More website over to another account? Or would they have to build the site from scratch again (if they deem it important).

Don't worry about losing me as a customer - I am certainly going to come back with another idea to use. I just don't think I could afford the expense, or the time to keep two websites running!

Any advice or suggestions to alternatives would also be greatly appreciated (and there is no rush...my current domain has 3 months left to run...)
Tue 31/08/10 at 12:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
There are a few options available, with varying degrees of work involved depending on what you want to do.

- Keep everything as it is now, the site will be running as it is currently along with you paying for the quarterly charge and making changes to the site. If they would be updating the website they would need access to your MyFreeola account, giving them access to everything within it.

- Keep the domain and IP service in your MyFreeola account, but have one of the team give you payment details to take over the payment. (You obviously would then know these details and you would be unable to have any other on-going paid-for services in your account without them picking up the bill). This option would also require them to log into your MyFreeola account to make any changes.

- Cancel the IP service and let the site die a death. At that point you (or somebody in the team) can renew the domain name if you would like to keep it for future use of for e-mails or, similarly, let this also expire.

- Finally, move the entire lot (domain, e-mails, IP) into another MyFreeola account entirely. This would need to be done in writing (by you) or by one of the team (or you) calling us up to request this. If you do not want to continue paying for the service we will need card details/Direct Debit details at the same time. Due to complexities with how the service is billed, there is no way to do this online.

Hope that has answered any questions that may pop up HM, obviously get back in touch if you need clarification on certain aspects.
Thu 02/09/10 at 13:56
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks Butch.

I have saved all of the web pages in HTML format, so there will be no hard work lost (also backed-up all of the content into text documents). Hopefully whatever we decide as a group, we'll have a good starting point if it all does close down.

I think what I may do, is let the site die a death, let them create a freeola account and the let them buy the domain name and create the site again from scratch.

I just don't think I'll have the time or funds to start a new website and to keep that one going! The new one I am planning "should" be easy to monetise and will also have a good audience of people.

Fingers crossed they'll also take an active part in the forums (as well as extend your customer count by one!)
Thu 02/09/10 at 15:32
"Are you sure?"
Just some thoughts...

Rather than lose the domain/site to start again, does the current ad revenue pay the costs of the domain registration and InstantPro setup? If it does then it would be better to keep running and just move the InstantPro account to the new owners I would have thought. You could transfer the domain registration if required or just renew it in your name.

And/Or...

If anyone involved is looking at Broadband then I can recommend Freeola where you get a full InstantPro website thrown in for Free!

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola InstantPro Site
Thu 02/09/10 at 19:39
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Just some thoughts...
>
> Rather than lose the domain/site to start again, does the
> current ad revenue pay the costs of the domain registration and
> InstantPro setup? If it does then it would be better to keep
> running and just move the InstantPro account to the new owners I
> would have thought. You could transfer the domain registration if
> required or just renew it in your name.

Cheers Hmmm... I have had very little in terms of ad revenue on the site (I think £1.60 in the entire time it has been up), so it's not really something that could be self-sustaining.

I'm having a meeting with them tomorrow and shall bring forth some suggestions from here. They have suggested I ask for funding from the group, but as it was my project, I feel pretty bad about doing that.

> If anyone involved is looking at Broadband then I can recommend
> Freeola where you get a full InstantPro website thrown in for
> Free!
>
>
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]
> My Freeola
> InstantPro Site

Indeed - I do fully recommend the InstantPro - so if you are looking for broadband and get one thrown in, it's certainly something people ought to consider.
Sat 04/09/10 at 09:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
But the website is for the group no? So you shouldn't really feel bad
Sat 04/09/10 at 15:02
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
True.

I have told them my preferred plan of action, so if they stand in to save it with funds, I'm sure they'll keep it going.

I'm really eager to move on to a new project and one that fact based, rather than one that opens up debates. Something about being an optometry student looks like it'd work well...what exactly...I'm not sure!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.