GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Auto Modellista"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Auto Modellista'.
Fri 18/04/03 at 10:30
Regular
Saw that it's only 19.99 brand new in Game. Is it worth it ?, couldn't find any video's etc on OPS2M Demo discs, looks great and as I love diriving games I think I will have to get a copy next week.
Anyone completed it and what score would you give it out fo 10 ?
Fri 18/04/03 at 20:28
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yip, certainly worth 20 quid, I won't go into detail about the game because I have a review on this site about it, but it's a pretty solid game that tries something different.
Fri 18/04/03 at 18:11
Regular
Sorry El Nå†ßu©, couldn't help but be picky on such an inviting post! LOL!
Fri 18/04/03 at 12:38
Regular
"  "
Nomino wrote:
> El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> I'd give it a 7/10. It's a good solid game, but it's let down by two
> important factors. One is the cars handling. No matter what drive
> the
> cars have, they always seem to understeer a great deal. Also you
> can't
> seem to powerslide the cars.
>
> So that means what? Did the title of the game say "Auto
> Modellista: no understeer with powersliding" on the box? Nope.
> You don't like the handling, others might.

He clearly stated that he loves DRIVING games. Now that usually means that he likes reallistic driving, which is why I pointed this out. it's up to him what he makes of it.

>
> The second bad thing about the game is the ease. Everything is handed
> on a plate to you, so all you need to do is pick the best car (All
> decent cars are already unlocked) and you're away.
>
> You moan when you have to struggle to unlock the good cars, you moan
> when yet get them made available straight way; what do you want? Oh,
> and one more thing; does the game actually hand a plate out of the
> screen with everything on it (just as you described)?

GT3 was great as there was so much challenge and plenty of rewards. Auto Modellista is far too easy because you can race suped-up supaer cars in the early 'Family car' races! Not good.

>
> However, the great customise options are great.
>
> "...the great customise options are great." You don't need
> to say "great" twice in the same sentence.

Well sorry!

>
> You can spray any part of your car
>
> No you can't "spray" any part of your car. Firstly, you
> "change the colour of parts", and secondly, you can't change
> the colour of the windows or tyres, so your statement is incorrect.

And you would want to spray them because?!?!

>
> change all parts from engines to new wings.
>
> So you can change all parts of an engine to new wings, implying that
> engines can be made of wings? Again, an incorrect statement.

Hmmm, clearly you are getting the wrong end of the stick. Any fool would realise I was refering to a range of car parts rather than changing an engine into a win. And I was refering to wings as in side skirting ect, not flying wings. Duh.

>
> Also there are loads of posters and other things to unlock which you
> can make your own garage with.
>
> So, you make a garage out of posters? You just can't seem to get the
> hang of this can you?

Again, you're getting the wrong end of the stick. Clearly when I said 'make' I was implying that you can make the garage 'your own' by customizing it woth posters ect.

>
> I think with you bein a driving game lover then you will like the
> game, but don't expect it to be anything great. It's still worthy of a
> bash though. :) Oh, and the visuals are Cel Shaded.
>
> Doh, like people don't know the visuals are "Cel
> Shaded"...it's only been the entire selling point of the game.

Well there's always the chance that he didn't know this. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of every single game.
Fri 18/04/03 at 12:22
Regular
El Nå†ßu© wrote:
> I'd give it a 7/10. It's a good solid game, but it's let down by two
important factors. One is the cars handling. No matter what drive the
cars have, they always seem to understeer a great deal. Also you can't
seem to powerslide the cars.

So that means what? Did the title of the game say "Auto Modellista: no understeer with powersliding" on the box? Nope. You don't like the handling, others might.

> The second bad thing about the game is the ease. Everything is handed on a plate to you, so all you need to do is pick the best car (All decent cars are already unlocked) and you're away.

You moan when you have to struggle to unlock the good cars, you moan when yet get them made available straight way; what do you want? Oh, and one more thing; does the game actually hand a plate out of the screen with everything on it (just as you described)?

> However, the great customise options are great.

"...the great customise options are great." You don't need to say "great" twice in the same sentence.

> You can spray any part of your car

No you can't "spray" any part of your car. Firstly, you "change the colour of parts", and secondly, you can't change the colour of the windows or tyres, so your statement is incorrect.

> change all parts from engines to new wings.

So you can change all parts of an engine to new wings, implying that engines can be made of wings? Again, an incorrect statement.

> Also there are loads of posters and other things to unlock which you can make your own garage with.

So, you make a garage out of posters? You just can't seem to get the hang of this can you?

> I think with you bein a driving game lover then you will like the game, but don't expect it to be anything great. It's still worthy of a bash though. :) Oh, and the visuals are Cel Shaded.

Doh, like people don't know the visuals are "Cel Shaded"...it's only been the entire selling point of the game.
Fri 18/04/03 at 10:42
Regular
"  "
I'd give it a 7/10. It's a good solid game, but it's let down by two important factors. One is the cars handling. No matter what drive the cars have, they always seem to understeer a great deal. Also you can't seem to powerslide the cars. The second bad thing about the game is the ease. Everything is handed on a plate to you, so all you need to do is pick the best car (All decent cars are already unlocked) and you're away. However, the great customise options are great. You can spray any part of your car, change all parts from engines to new wings. Also there are loads of posters and other things to unlock which you can make your own garage with. I think with you bein a driving game lover then you will like the game, but don't expect it to be anything great. It's still worthy of a bash though. :) Oh, and the visuals are Cel Shaded.
Fri 18/04/03 at 10:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Saw that it's only 19.99 brand new in Game. Is it worth it ?, couldn't find any video's etc on OPS2M Demo discs, looks great and as I love diriving games I think I will have to get a copy next week.
Anyone completed it and what score would you give it out fo 10 ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.