GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Future Is Gamecube!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/01 at 21:25
Regular
Gamecube will beat the sales of PS2 and X-Box, I just know it. I mean, PS2 has been out on the shelves for a while now and to me, it dont look too great. Gamecube looks just as good as X-box and it will be £100 cheaper on its release.
Plus, Gamecube has loads of excellent games set for release such as:-
Luigis Mansion
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Super Monkey Ball
Zelda
The Simpsons: Roadrage
Star Wars Rogue Leader
AND if that isnt enough for you and you are saying Nintendo consoles are for younger gamers, Nintendo have just proved you wrong so badly! Capcom have announced that the Resident Evil series will be exclusive to the gamecube. Does that prove you wrong or what? The latest Resident Evil game being worked on is Resident Evil Biohazard. The graphics totally rock! Dont believe me? Buy a gamecube magazine and see for yourself.
Do you agree or are you gonna argue with me?
Sun 25/11/01 at 22:11
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
GC will rule but PS2 is ahead on sales.
Sun 25/11/01 at 22:00
Gamecube does look good but it will never do aswell as the PS2, Sony have to much of a foot hold
Sun 25/11/01 at 21:55
your totally rite GC rocks and is the bomb and is better that PS2 and xbox
Sun 25/11/01 at 20:38
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I agree with you. I still think that N64 was better than the greystation.
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:38
Regular
Well, I think it's pretty obvious from my Rasta Skank story that I'm a Ninty. Yes, thats right, you Sony monkeys. Only kidding, all the next gen consoles look class. I still think the N64 was better than Gaystation1, but no matter. I shall be getting a Gamecube, and maybe a PS2. But no X-Box.
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Jericho15 wrote:
> Gamecube will beat the sales of PS2 and X-Box, I just know it.

Nope, this article is taken from a rival news site:

"The initial sell-through numbers for the Nintendo GameCube are in.

Nintendo has sold through approximately 60-70 percent of its initial shipment of GameCube consoles in Japan, according to a Nikkei report. The publication reports that the company has unofficially sold between 280,000 and 300,000 units of the initial shipment of approximately 450,000 units--originally slated to be 500,000 units--in the three days since the console's launch. Additional units of the GameCube console will be shipped to retailers in Japan shortly. The Nintendo GameCube launched on September 14 in Japan with three games: Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race: Blue Storm from Nintendo and Super Monkey Ball from Sega. Nintendo has not released specific sales figures for the software at this time.

By most accounts, the launch of the Japanese GameCube was relatively low-key, when compared with previous video game platform releases. Following the launch of Nintendo's Game Boy Advance, the company announced that sales of the handheld had exceeded 650,000 units in a single day. Sony's PlayStation 2 sold more than 900,000 units, including both traditional retail and online sales, in Japan in its first weekend of availability. By March 2002, the end of the company's current fiscal year, Nintendo hopes to sell 4 million units of the GameCube and 10 million software units worldwide. The North American launch of the console, slated for November 18, and the upcoming release of high-profile games such as Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II and Super Smash Bros. Melee should greatly aid the company in reaching those goals"

Source: Withheld for political reasons (SR don't like us advertising other sites).

Jericho15 wrote:
> Capcom have announced that the Resident Evil series will be exclusive to the gamecube.

When Capcom say 'exclusive' it means they will develop it for the Gamecube until such a time as they think they can make money developing another RE for the PS2 or XBox. RE was 'exclusive' on the PSX, then it was 'exclusive' on the Dreamcast. Capcom really should look this word up in a dictionary sometime.
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:21
Regular
"Digging!"
all the resi evil games are being remade on the gamecube, and all new resi evil games, inc resi evil 4, will only be made on the gamecube, not the ps2. hahahahaha. i am very childish sometimes.
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Digging!"
i agree. in america most shops are saying they are sold out! this means they have sold 700,000 gamecubes in under a week! this is great news for nintendo and us! (if they see it is doing well in the states, they may try to release it earlier).

some handy links fo the gamecube:

www.nintendogamecube.com
www.luigis-mansion.com
www.waverace-bluestorm.com
www.pikmin.com

all of these links are indorsed by nintendo!
Fri 23/11/01 at 16:11
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> Gamecube is targeted at a completely different audience than the PS2 and I
> personally cant see it coming even close to beating PS2. I must admit its going
> to be way better than the N64 but if you look at most of the games on the
> Gamecube they are aimed at the younger audince.

Not so much the younger audience as gamers who'll happily play great games whether it be cute or realistic graphics.

As for the Resident Evil series,
> i heard that they are remaking the PSone games on the GC first. I am not sure is
> thats true but if it is, then there is nothing to get excited about.

Well it is sort of.
I missed the originals and it'll be nice to get to play them with smoother graphics, animation and no loading times.
And we do get Resi 0 (the start) and Resi 4 (the end) giving us the whole series.

I know you're pro PS2 but you have to give the Gamecube a fair bit of credit as something you'd love if you had the money for both.
Fri 23/11/01 at 14:02
Regular
"listen to the maste"
I agree, the game does look amazing. I am really looking forward to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.