GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Operation Flashpoint 2 .. in 2004"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising'.
Fri 18/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
Gamespot.com:
Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive announce that they're working on a sequel to their popular squad-based shooter.

See it »
Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive have today announced that development is under way on the sequel to the million-selling squad-based shooter Operation Flashpoint. Although the setting and theme for Operation Flashpoint 2 will not be announced until next month's E3 in LA, Codemasters has stated that the game will focus on a different theater of modern-historical warfare than the first game, which was set during the Cold War.

"We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay," said Marek Spanel, Operation Flashpoint’s project leader at Bohemia Interactive. "Following the success of the original game, it’s great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it’ll become another major landmark in PC gaming."

Operation Flashpoint 2 is currently scheduled for release in late 2004. We'll bring you more information on the game when we report live from the LA Convention Center on May 14-16. In the meantime, anyone interested in receiving updates on the game directly from Codemasters can register their interest at the official Operation Flashpoint 2
Tue 29/04/03 at 16:00
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
cipro wrote:
> Good news, Operation Flashpoint was ans still is a great tactical
> shooter, still unmatched by most of whats follwed i.e. Rainbow six 3,
> Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Vietcong ect...

Unmatched because nobody else has tried a realistic, large open terrain game recently. Delta Force was too 'Go in, shoot em all', vietcong's set in a jungle (duh), so it's a completely different kind of combat. OpFlash had you sitting there knowing that the enemy shoots just as well as you do, and it's only going to take one placed bullet to down you, which really made you hang onto your life, and put your faith in your teammates (although too often you found them all dead, possibly because of inadequate covering fire from you tho :P)
Tue 29/04/03 at 00:45
Regular
Geforce 2 mx.. what u expect.
Mon 28/04/03 at 20:19
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Good news, Operation Flashpoint was ans still is a great tactical shooter, still unmatched by most of whats follwed i.e. Rainbow six 3, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Vietcong ect...
Sun 20/04/03 at 14:44
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 1) framerate was too low

That's really down to your computer though, it was fine on mine

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 2) mouselook is NOT right in op flash

It's a bit odd, admittedly, but I think it's because you can move the gun around without moving the screen.

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 3) moving was dodgy and too slow

Dodgy how?

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 4) too hard, even on cadet mode

Was hard, but I'm up for a challenge

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 5) graphics were scratchy

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 6) cutscenes suck

Nah. They told the story well

UrkiE-UK wrote:
> 7) missions were about as exciting as a bag of potatoes

I find bags of potatoes very interesting actual... Seriously, some missions were a bit dull, but others were pretty fun.
Sun 20/04/03 at 14:31
Regular
i got that game for chrsitams from my dad, but i hated it after a while of playing. i'd say that it took me 3 months to start hating it.

1) framerate was too low
2) mouselook is NOT right in op flash
3) moving was dodgy and too slow
4) too hard, even on cadet mode
5) graphics were scratchy
6) cutscenes suck
7) missions were about as exciting as a bag of potatoes

1) mission editor was fun, riding around in wierd vehicles
2) weapon view rocks

thats about it....
Sun 20/04/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
OpFlash was a great game, I got it for christmas and couldn't stop playing it. Red Hammer and Reistance were top quality add on packs too, another OpFlash is great news. For me anyway.
Fri 18/04/03 at 16:02
Regular
Gamespot.com:
Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive announce that they're working on a sequel to their popular squad-based shooter.

See it »
Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive have today announced that development is under way on the sequel to the million-selling squad-based shooter Operation Flashpoint. Although the setting and theme for Operation Flashpoint 2 will not be announced until next month's E3 in LA, Codemasters has stated that the game will focus on a different theater of modern-historical warfare than the first game, which was set during the Cold War.

"We have great plans and massive ambition for Operation Flashpoint 2 but, for the moment, we are not revealing specific details of its content and gameplay," said Marek Spanel, Operation Flashpoint’s project leader at Bohemia Interactive. "Following the success of the original game, it’s great to be working with Codemasters on the sequel and we are confident it’ll become another major landmark in PC gaming."

Operation Flashpoint 2 is currently scheduled for release in late 2004. We'll bring you more information on the game when we report live from the LA Convention Center on May 14-16. In the meantime, anyone interested in receiving updates on the game directly from Codemasters can register their interest at the official Operation Flashpoint 2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.